LOTR: Return of the King EE AUDIO PROBLEMS???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Soah, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Soah

Soah Agent

This is from the other LOTR: ROTK extended DVD thread:

I heard popping noises too and thought it was a defective disc. But if others also have this I wonder if it's a batch or all of them have this problem. Surprising this is the only stuff I read on this though when audio problems usually have entire threads devoted to them.

I heard it around ch 4-5 on second disc when merry is at Gondor and Faramir is being carried out after the shot zooms in on the single white flower blossom on the white tree.

Then there is a chorus of loud popping/crackling around ch 34-35 when Sam tells Frodo to toss the ring into the lava right before Frodo puts it on his finger instead. Can anybody else confirm whether or not the audio glitches are in the same places as where I noticed it?

btw I watched it on 2.0 and I'm from Canada so this may not be a concentrated bad batch or a DTS problem only.

2. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

i dont remeber any popping on mine, but just monday a coworker was telling me that his had some pops in the dts track, and he could rewind it and it would play the pop every time

3. Chris_Eff

Chris_Eff Stunt Coordinator

I noticed the pops too when I watched with the DTS track at my in-laws. Thought it was just his system. When we returned from vacation I was fooling around listening between DD and DTS (heard some people liked the DD sound better) and I heard it much softer but noticible like a distortion in the music right when Gandalf and Pippen reach the top of Minas Tirith. Not sure where else to look. Oh well I like how the DD sounds on my system better anyways but it does suck if the DTS has issues on what is otherwise a quality release.

4. Soah

Soah Agent

I wonder why none of the reviews mention this. Any it's not mentioned by consumers in forums really. Wondering if all copies have this or not.

5. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Soah & Chris is it possible that you have your rear speakers set for large in your surround receivers setup? They could be getting deeper bass than they can handle at that setting.