LoTR Report on AICN - Done!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Aug 18, 2001.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

2. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

This makes sense! PJ recently sent New Line the 2hr.45min. cut, and WETA digital has 2 months left to finish the SFX for FOTR. Duplication will start in mid-October for the 10,000+ copies needed for the worldwide premiere!
    ------------------
    ~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

3. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

2 Hours and 45 Minutes, SWEET. I knew that time would be a hard thing to deal with for these films, but having it be near 3 hours is great, I'm glad they didn't try to get this to be a 2 hour film.
    I hope this film rocks.
    ------------------
    Joe Dahlen
    "Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

4. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

2:45 sounds about right for FOTR, If the vibe I've been getting all along is correct, PJ has done it right, with a minimum of cuts from the story (oh please, oh please let it be huge so he can go back and shoot Tom Bombadill!!!!!!)
    I saw the trailer again tonight before J&SBSB, drool [​IMG]
    Great fanboy crowd, everyone was cheering
    Jeff Kleist

6. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

I like hearing this, because it tells me that Jackson knew what he wanted the film to be, and there were none of the technical problems, creative indecisions and disagreements, or hurried rewrites and reshoots that have plagued other films.
    ------------------

7. Sebastian_M

Sebastian_M Stunt Coordinator

The One Ring is reporting that the film may actually not be finished. They are still digging.
    Seb

8. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Well a report at Rotten Tomatoes from an MPAA rep says that it is done enough to show for a rating, that it was really awesome, and that it got a PG-13 (no surprise there).
    There's always time to go back and tweek, but my guess is that this film is basically ready to roll. Still 4 months to go, sheesh, what a wait.

9. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I doubt it. Four months to go before release and it's finished? I think they will be working on this until the negs go out for printing.

10. David Echo

David Echo Stunt Coordinator

from aint-it-cool-news:
    CLARIFICATION Re: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS Rating & Running Time!!
    Hey, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab.
    Okay. It occurs to me after reading the way someone else reacted to a recent article here that I might need to clarify what I originally said here.
    Over on TheOneRing.net, they took me at my literal word, thinking I meant the film was done. And that is what I said. But I was imprecise.
    The film that was shown to the MPAA to get a rating and that has been locked at a 2 hour 45 minute running time is not finished in terms of all the layers of polish that will be laid on between now and release. There's a shitload of music work and FX work and color timing and other things still to be done. When they locked the print on Tuesday night and Mark Ordesky celebrated (understandably), they were just locking the actual content of the film. I won't celebrate in a similar manner until the day the film opens, because that's about when they'll finally wrap up all work on it. That Christmas release date isn't just arbitrary torture. They will need that time to do everything possible to make this the dense, amazing, immersive experience that they want it to be.
    I'm still planning that black ops mission, though. I've had volunteers galore, and if we have to do wet work, we will. I want that three-hour videotape, unfinished or not...
    "Moriarty" out.
    ------------------
    "To alcohol, The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer J. Simpson

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

David Echo, I was just about to post the same thing. Ah, well...I was as mislead as the rest of the world by his original statement! [​IMG]
    Yep...I believe everything I read on the Internet. Yep.
    "If it's on the Internet, then it must be true!"
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
    [​IMG]
    (Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)