What's new

LOTR on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I don't mind the extras being in SD either. Of course, trailers/deleted scenes should be in HD when possible.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I agree Ray I do not mind if the extras are in SD either but other things I would like in HD when ever possilbe as well. And I would hope that they would offer both versions of LOTR via seemless branching for the Blu-ray release. And from what I understand and from what I have heard it should be a DTS-HD MA release, that is if the information I read was correct. In the end I do not care if it is Dolby True HD , DTS-HD MA or LPCM, just as long as it is a really good lossless track. But I am still a supporter of DTS by default but lossless now seems to be lossless. Will find out once I actually can decoded full boar DTS-HD MA around the end of the year. That is when I should have a new receiver with all the decoding toys and I will add a Panasonic BD30 to the mix.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
some new blu ray news for lotr ee.. stroll down a bit to find it.

Jacob

http://www.collider.com/2009/07/24/peter-jackson-news-the-hobbit-blu-ray-lord-of-the-rings-district-9-the-lovely-bones/

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... So according to that site, it's now only going to be about an extra year's wait for the EEs, not the original thinking of another 2 years (to coincide w/ the theatrical boxoffice opening of The Hobbit)?

BTW, I also hadn't realized that The Hobbit will be a 2-part-er coming to theaters in consecutive years. Maybe that means each part will be 2-to-2.5 hours long instead of one huge 4-to-5-hour marathon.

Anyway, thanks much for the link, Jacob.

_Man_

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong ">[/url]

Hmmm... So according to that site, it's now only going to be about an extra year's wait for the EEs, not the original thinking of another 2 years (to coincide w/ the theatrical boxoffice opening of The Hobbit)?

BTW, I also hadn't realized that The Hobbit will be a 2-part-er coming to theaters in consecutive years. Maybe that means each part will be 2-to-2.5 hours long instead of one huge 4-to-5-hour marathon.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ryan-G

Last I had heard, Hobbit wasn't going to be two parts. The first movie would be The Hobbit, the second movie would be bridge the gap between Hobbit and LotR, with material drawn from that compendium book JR wrote.

It may have changed since I'd heard, But I thought that was the intention.
Yeah, it was changed. They found that there wasn't that much material to fill a 'filler' movie, basically. Also, they were afraid they'd have to do too much altering to fit the Hobbit into one movie, so it's going to be split across two films with additional material drawn from the appendices/simply made up.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

Yeah, it was changed. They found that there wasn't that much material to fill a 'filler' movie, basically. Also, they were afraid they'd have to do too much altering to fit the Hobbit into one movie, so it's going to be split across two films with additional material drawn from the appendices/simply made up.
Yes, apparently that thing about a third Hobbit movie was supposedly an April Fools joke. If you search the net you can find some info about it.

As far as the LOTR Extended Editions coming in just a year, if true, that's good news indeed. I was going to wait anyways, and this eases the pain just a bit.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will wait for the EE cuts to hit Bluray, I am not interested in the theatrical cuts at all. I have both theatrical and EE on SD-DVD and I honestly do not even watch the theatrical cuts on DVD, so why would I want them on Bluray.

If I sell off some SD-DVD's here in the near future the LOTR's theatrical cuts will most likely be one of the first to go. I wonder if the Bluray is still going to sport the DTS-HD MA track?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks