What's new

LOTR now at Laser's Edge for 30% off! (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Damn, laser's edge is VERY expensive...
That's interesting- I never found that to be the case. Certainly their prices are sometimes a buck or so higher than other e-tailers- but nothing I would call "VERY expensive".
I just placed an order with them for a few titles, and before I did I shopped around a little to see what the pricing was like elsewhere.
Requiem For A Dream (NC-17)
$11.25 Lasersedge
$11.24 from amazon
$11.24 from dvdplanet
$10.36 from deepdiscountdvd
Groundhog Day SE
$18.94 from Lasersedge
$19.99 from amazon
$18.71 from dvdplanet
$19.15 from deep discountdvd
Willy Wonka Widescreen
$18.94 from Lasersedge
$21.49 from amazon
$18.74 from dvdplanet
$18.73 from deepdiscountdvd
Almost Famous: Untitled
$27.94 from lasersedge
$28.99 from amazon
$27.24 from dvdplanet
$25.87 from deepdiscountdvd
Salesman: Criterion
$29.94 from lasersedge
$35.96 from amazon
$26.97 from dvdplanet
$28.76 from deepdiscountdvd
Totals
107.01 from Lasersedge
117.67 from amazon
102.90 from dvdplanet
101.98 from deepdiscount
So, on any given title I might have saved a buck going with a different company-- but with the horrible service I have received in the past from Amazon (backorders, unfilled orders, wrong versions), DVDplanet (just sent me a title I ordered 3 years ago, a full year after I cancelled the order!), DeepdiscountDVD (never have anything listed on their site in stock, returnd have been a pain)-- seems like a no brainer to go with Lasersedge as the service is flawless.
I just called in my order, got full details on any backordered titles (of my order of 10 discs, one was out of stock- but due in tomorrow). Dealt with real people, no problem adding a 2nd credit card to my account.
So, after doing a comparison shop, I can't say I find Lasersedge "VERY expensive"-- but I do find the drastic difference in service and reliability to be well worth the few extra bucks.
-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks