What's new

LOTR now at Laser's Edge for 30% off! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Due to Newline telling their vendors that they cannot advertise the DVD for preorder until 4/12. Laser's Edge will honor the 30% off price to anyone that has already pre-ordered it thru them and will put the DVD back up on their web site for sale when given the green light from Newline.

Thanks,

Parker

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Never ordered from them but I hear a lot of people being satisfied with their service. Not to mention that they sponsor HTF.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely the best company I have dealt with! Unlike giant faceless corps like Amazon, they offer personal service-- heck you can call them up and place your order, they know exactly what the status is on backordered titles- and you get the feeling they really care about their customers.

They don't always have the lowest price- but, to me, it's worth an extra buck or two to deal with people I feel good about giving my money to.

These guys are HIGHLY recommended!

-Vince

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's hard for me to chime in here and

give you an opinion you will take honsetly.

After all, they are an advertiser here.

Trust me when I say this....

I have been with other online DVD companies.

LASERS EDGE blows them out of the water.

I never have to worry about my orders not

coming by street date. In fact, LASERS EDGE

makes sure you get your orders by or before

street date.

They are a *little* more expensive than some

other online retailers, but what the cost buys

you is dependable service without the worry that

your order is not going to make it by street date.

I don't even order my discs on the website. I

just email Marc what I want. Unlike experiences

with past online retailers, my orders arrive by

street daye and they don't get screwed up.

This is why we asked LASERS EDGE to come aboard

as an advertiser. We wanted the BEST online

retailer to be represented on the BEST Home Theater

and DVD site.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I'm a big time Lasers Edge regular, though I go in the store since it's here in Indy.

They are very friendly and thoughtful about orders, they've been doing it since early LD days too. These guys are hands on and are good with the HTF too.

The only thing they ever have to fight is pricing, they can't always compete with super cut rate places, but they do their best to make up for it in service. I've seen them check spindles/swap boxes if a DVD sounds loose, etc.

I hate to promote them so shamelessly but I honestly think they deserve it. For an in-store comparison, think Dave's Video in LA. They stock darn near everything.

BTW, speaking of LDs they have the Rocky Horror LD box set for $15 and the 1941 LD box set for $5 (I think, maybe a bit more than that). I don't know what their shipping policies on LDs are.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
For six years now (started back in laserdisc days) I have been ordering from Laser's Edge. I have ordered over 1600 DVDs from them with zero errors and on time delivery. I pre-order 95% of the discs I purchase and they deliver. The team at Laser's Edge are movie experts and know their product. Service is literally flawless. Just order and forget everything like whether they will ship ontime or ship the correct items. Given the service and convenience, their prices are quite fair. As another bonus, the website is updated nearly daily and very accurate. The advanced search function lets one search for daily database changes and for upcoming titles....you can even search by studio name. On top of this, they stock nearly everything and will special order items not in stock.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Both DVDFile and Lordoftherings.com (with a link to there at TheOneRing.net) are now saying that New Line themselves have set a rule restricting online sites from taking preorders until 4/12. So, if we place a preorder with Laser's Edge now, what happens to it? :eek:

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My guess is they'll stop the preorders until that date but make good on the ones that they've done.
But I can't help but wonder what the heck business do these companies have trying to limit preorder time?? :confused: They've announced hot product and the retailers are now setting up their customers with preorders. If they didn't want preorders until some date they should have held the announcement back. What difference does it make when preorders start????

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just got an email back from Marc at Laser's Edge and he

said that they will "be deactivating the title but will honor all pre-orders and will still be running the special when the title is active again". He also said that "there is no way they will cancel any orders already received".

Parker

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, laser's edge is VERY expensive...I don't think I'll be ordering from them!!! I will be ordering it though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks