What's new

LOTR - New Line...we want the extended cut!!! (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I've already seen the "theatrical version" of the film 4 times in the theater. I think I'd like the extended one on DVD in August...if you please.
;)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I'd love the full extended director's cut from a pristine 1080p HD master on two DVD-9 discs (a carefully placed intermission could ease the transition from one disc to another) with the fixable visual gaffes corrected (these have been listed before on this and other forums) and a well mastered and mixed 24 bit DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 digital track.

Supplements on the third disc.

And no edge enhancement! Sony SuperBit-like seamless layer changes would be a plus too.

Dan

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I second what Dan says... New Line has put out a number of DTS-ES releases recently, and since LOTR was EX in theaters I think it's a great opportunity.

It would of course require the movie to be spread across two discs, but this wouldn't be a problem, especially if New Line made the discs like this:

When the disc starts, you get a selection between Dolby Digital and DTS. You select, and then the movie starts! As simple as that.

Now if you want to change anything else, you could change on the fly, or press the menu button to get to the nice animated menus with access to all the normal stuff and extra features.

But in most cases, you would just want to watch the movie, am I not right?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
New Line, despite being sure you have it all planned out already, I'd personally love two seperate releases!
Infinifilm 'Theatrial Cut' release with DD/DTS, infinifilm style extras, trailers, featurettes, Two Towers preview...etc.
...then, same day or shortly after:
Platinum Ed multi-disc 'Expanded Cut' release, DD/DTS, commentary, documentaries, featurettes, trailers, Two Towers preview, isolated score...etc....etc
Best way to do it would be to make two seperate releases that are BOTH worth owning, have nice infinifilm related extras on the theatrical cut not on the expanded version for example.
You're going to have it all planned out already, I shant kid myself. All I ask is that you dont cram too much onto one single disc, and I am confident a stunning transfer will be delivered.
If the expanded cut covers two disc, a professional intermission sequence would be absolutely incredible!
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks