What's new

LOTR Infinifilm? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
This is the first Dream DVD release from IGN's site in the DVD section. It would sound like it would be the ulitmate way to view this film on a home theater!
Link Removed

Mat_R

Grip
The movie will have a running time of 165 minutes so splitting it over 2-disks would probably be the best solution. The director has also hinted that the DVD will feature added scenes and more gore for the battle sequences. So 5.1DD, 6.1DTS, 5.1DD Music Only and 4 audio commentaries sound better (director only, stars and director, special effects, music and sound)
HybridMATRiX

Christoph Oelckers

Auditioning
I highly doubt the possibility of such a release. Many people (including me) won't buy the disc if the film is split over 2 discs. DD and DTS and Special Features on one disc won't be possible due to the length of this movie. Give me a non-Infinifilm Special Edition with all the features on disc 2 and _NO_ DTS (takes up too much space with such a long film) and I'll be satisfied.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Heck, I agree. I don't want to see anymore movies split across 2 disks unless it is a miniseries or something. If the movie and the extras can't fit on the one disk without compromising the video quality then put the movie on one disk, the extras on the other disk, and dispense with the infinifilm feature for this title.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Well I might be one of the few that haven't bought the Godfather set for that exact reason. Sorry but if its possible to but the movie on one disc, by all means do it. You're only going to watch the extras once or twice anyways. I intend on putting the movie on a loop for a day. I can't do it if the movies are over TWO disc...
------------------
"I View the World in Anamorphic Widescreen"

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Guys, don't get your panties all in a bunch- that's just the wishful thinking of the writer, not any indication of what the actual product will be!
Hell, I say put JUST DTS 6.1 and as many commentaries as will allow for good video quality- that works for me! :)

YANG

Screenwriter
3hrs approx. of movie(widescreen only) and DD5.1 + dts5.1 surround in one disc,other extras in another disc.
INFINIFILM DVD release will be possible,if the release is a 2 disc set.Most importantly,whether this film will make it to the INFINIFILM DVD rank...i guess it will have to depend highly on the net earning of this film.

Bryan Farris

Agent
Here's a twist: Will you be buying FOtR when it comes out on DVD (my guess is Labor Day '02) or do you wait for the Trilogy box set that is sure to arrive after all 3 films have been released theatrically?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am snatching that DVD so fast... (somebody help me complete this) :)
--
Holadem

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I'm snatching that DVD so fast, like a...Fast...Snatching...kind of...person.
Man, I really need to go to Simile School
laugh.gif

------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Blu

Screenwriter
I would be for buying the films individually since they won't be completely out for 3+ years.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
I am snatching that disc so fast..... that the air velocity of an unlaiden swallow (European) will pale in compairison (but only if it's carrying a cocanut).
You don't always have to have a simile that make sense, do you?
Jim
------------------
[email protected]
Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
24 bit DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, full bitrate only. Now that would be cool. I could care less about the DD track.
See how things can be flipped around!
biggrin.gif

Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Kami

Screenwriter
I don't care if FOTR and TT are released as strictly barebones titles in between the release of the other films, but I would be expecting a nice big box set, chock full of special features after the release of ROTK.
------------------
riders2.jpg

-Adam
(a.k.a. kami)
My budding DVD collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks