What's new

LOTR: FOTR and TTT Extended Editions to be shown in theaters in December! (1 Viewer)

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Not with a 9 month pregnant wife at home.
My wife's due end of October, and she's already given her blessing to my attending the marathon, assuming they have it in Phoenix (hopefully a safe assumption). She knows how much I love these movies and there's very little that could keep me away.
Now, when are they going to start selling tickets!!!

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I am in a similar boat with Marvin and Chuck. Our daughter will be 5 months old then, and while my wife wouldn't mind me being gone for 12 hours, it's probably too much to ask of her.

Guess I will have to see ROTK the traditional way! :frowning:

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
If the child was out, it'd be one thing :D But she'll be 8.75 months pregnant. Not the best time to ditch her. She's letting me go to one 3 hour plus film (of course). Asking for three such films would be too much. Besides, you want my cell phone going off next to you ;)

I don't. Too many kids :angry: :angry:

I'll blame my boy forever :angry: :angry: :D

Take care,
Chuck

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
If the child was out, it'd be one thing But she'll be 8.75 months pregnant.
Chuck:

My wife and I saw LEGALLY BLONDE 2 (BOO!) and TERMINATOR 3 (YEAH!!!) less than a week before our daughter was born!

That would be 8.75 weeks according to your calculations.

:D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
My fiancee and I are going to try to attend the numb-your-butt marathon, taking off of work both the 16th and 17th. It'll be great!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Hey Chris,
If she can hold the pee for 3 hours (or even 1.5 hours)...she's going!

I sat next to an 8 monther for TTT, and she was quite uncomfortable. She loved the film, though. My wife is dying to see it. Time will tell.

Sorry about LB2, sucka!

Take care,
Chuck

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I think the once in a lfetime argument just sold me. Crap.

I will watch FOTR and TTT back to back. Depending on how I feel then, I might stay for ROTK or bounce it to the next day.

There, H has spoken.

--
Holadem

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
No, the credits will be there. They will be running as three films with about a half-hour break between each one.

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
I am definitely trying to get in on this. There is no way I would pass on an opportunity like that. I'm just hoping if it goes to any theaters in my area it will be the Marquee, THX certified with big comfy seats.
My advice to anyone wanting to take on this endeavor is simply to NOT, (no matter how good of a deal it seams to be)buy the xtra large soda.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
A half hour between films? What kinda craziness is this? I can see 5 minutes, but 30? When I used to do "movie days" in an AMC theater, we would think a 15 minute wait was too long. What are we supposed to do for 30 minutes? STAND around and talk about the movies? Why should I have to suffer because someone who can't handle 12 hrs without peeing or a smoker decided to come along? What do you think the ending credits are for?

I don't remember Frodo taking a 30 minute break to relieve his bladder.

all said in good fun, of course!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember Frodo taking a 30 minute break to relieve his bladder.
There were plenty of places where Frodo and Sam took their time. Tolkien goes into some detail about Sam gathering herbs that he uses to season the rabbits. Plenty of other examples of leisure (and all in good fun). ;)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I'm so there for this one. Something tells me my town isn't going to get it, so I'll have to make a pilgrimage to nearest large city to see it. It'll be an adventure in and of itself. It sucks when you work at a theatre, during a time like this, and won't even get the films. Well, we won't get this special tri-fecta: Return of the King is a given.

AJG

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Back in the late '70s one of or local theaters here in Oceanside, CA decided, around Christmas time to play, "The Ten Commandments", "The Greatest Story Ever Told", and "Ben Hur" back to back. Me and my friends sat through all of them. I can honestly say that 9-10 hours in a theater seat is NOT a good experience. Even the slightly reclining seats in today's theaters are still cinema seats. Good luck and my hat is off to all of you who are willing to venture into this LOTR torture marathon. I think showing the first two EEs on successive days at a special price prior to the release of ROTK would be kinda cool, but to sit for a whole day in a theater seat for ANY movie.....no thanks.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I've just got my fingers crossed they will be showing the marathon at the Veteren's 24 in Tampa. That would be an event to remember.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I've just got my fingers crossed they will be showing the marathon at the Veteren's 24 in Tampa. That would be an event to remember.
Bryan,

If you hear that they are doing this, would you please post here in this thread? I live in Crystal River, about an 1hr 15 min north of Tampa, and I know they won't do this showing in this little town.

Is Veteran's 24 somewhat near Gunn Rd and the mall, off Veteran's Parkway?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
absolutely love where this thread is going. a 12 hr marathon would not be such a bad idea, back to back

:D

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
We can always go the Foxtrot route and just watch the trilogy 3 times in a row. That's what the kid did with SW when Ep I came out... Now that's HARD CORE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks