What's new

LOTR extended in R2/R4? (1 Viewer)

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
Are any reviews out concerning the extended version (4 discs) of LOTR in R2 or R4? I am contemplating which version to get, but could only find R1 reviews, althought it is a worldwide simultanous release.

Hartwig Hanser

Second Unit
David,

yes, in all countries it will be released on 12th November, but in Region 1 there were a lot of advance review copies plus people begin to get their preordered copies now.So I was hoping for something similar in R2/R4.

Blackstar are usually pretty good at the prompt despatch of their pre-orders, but a week! I think that's stretching it a bit. Mind you I'm quite prepared to be stood corrected.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Steer clear of the UK R2 as some of the extras are cut on the 4 disk.
This was because the distributor EiV wanted to keep the PG rating of film for the whole package and some of the extras would be rated 12 or 15 so they cut them instead.

If only we could be like the US saying bonus features are not rated. Would also be much cheaper as they have to pay the BBFC to rate each extra.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
to be honest I couldn't care less about about a few seconds removed just becoz somebody said Liv is fit.
As long as the film is intact with DTSES I'm happy to get the UKR2.

not rating extras would not go well with the law as everything(the WHOLE DVD) has to be certified.

I received an email from Blackstar yesterday, confirming that they had shipped my copy.

According to Blackstar, they ship to all international locations via airmail. I'm not sure how soon I will receive notification of the set's arrival, since I have never purchased anything from Blackstar before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks