What's new

LOTR: Extended Edition - when will reviews be available? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Dan, if you're using Internet Explorer or Netscape, there is an option to disable viewing images. You could just toggle that option before loading the review page then turn it back on once you're finished.
That's probably what I'll do. :D

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
So from what I've read, we basically get 6 hours or so of documentary behind the scenes footage. Can I assume there will be about the same amount of documentary footage on TTT:EE and ROTK:EE? That would be 18 hours of behind the scenes footage :D :D :D
Bill: Do the documentaries that focus on bringing the book to the screen focus mostly on Fellowship, or the trilogy as a whole? I'm also glad you talked about the packaging. I was hoping we would get a faux leather slipcase with gold stamped letters, but I wasn't able to tell by the pictures if that's what it was. I'm glad to hear it is.
I guess I can just sell my theatrical DVD of the films then :)
Brian

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I was going to post about the digitalbits revelation that not only is there an easter egg (or two) with the discs, but that one, was very, very special. But some guy named Hunt :D beat me to it.
Since Bill Hunt is in this thread, I remember reading on the digitalbits in mid-01 that eventually there would be a special edition of the trilogy on dvd after all three movies had been released. This was going to be a super-duper package. Please tell me that those plans have been shelved and that what is now planned as extended editions with each dvd release is the end...
No, please tell me that in 2004 we can expect extended extended editions with 4 1/2 hours per movie and 20 behind the scenes hours, none of it duplicating anything previously released. All of this boxed together in volumes that will match the leather bound single volume "Lord of the Rings" that will accompany the discs with slip cases holding maps of Middle Earth...:eek:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bill, thanks for the excellent review! Great news on the disc. Never expected anything less than "DVD of the Year" and it looks like my expectations'll be justified. And great news on the Easter Eggs, they just brought a big grin on my face.

And Ron, I'll be eagerly anticipating your review, which I'm sure will be equally excellent!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Excellent, especially on that 2nd egg! Oh my! For months have I longed to watch that again.
Whoa whoa whoa!! I'm glad to know there are Easter Eggs, but I don't want to know what they are or even hear any hints. This is way too close to a hint. Please, please put any references to the Easter Eggs in spoiler tags, ok guys?

Thanks!

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
What I would like to see after all three films are out on DVD is an edition that edits them all together into one seamless (well, other than disc changes) 10-11 hour long film... maybe with an intermission screen between each part. Kind of like what was done for The Godfather Trilogy.

Brian

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Re: Easter Eggs (spoiler-tagged for Vickie):
I just figured out what Egg #2 is after reading Dan's quote again in Vickie's post. And I've got a big ole grin on my face. This set is now officially Perfect!!

Bill Hunt

Insider
Also Ron, don't be so hard on yourself. There are four places that I turn to for reviews, DigitalBits, DVDFile, IGN, and you. The fact that you're not a "professional" reviewer makes your reviews no less valid, accurate, or dead-on. You write some great reviews, stop being so damn modest!
I'll second that. ;-)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
OOOOHHHHH...reading about the easter eggs!! YES!The trailer added at the end of FOTR was the best so far for TTT I think, and am glad to have it on here! That is truly special.
Also loving what the first easter egg is!

John Leaning

Agent
The superduper 18 disk set in 2004 will probably include minatures of all the Oscars that the trilogy will take home over the next couple of years. ;)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
this is going to take some viewing with all of those commentaries and the 6 hours of behind the scenes footage
Also good to know that all 3 movies will get this 2 or 4 disc treatment.
:D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Whoa whoa whoa!! I'm glad to know there are Easter Eggs, but I don't want to know what they are or even hear any hints. This is way too close to a hint. Please, please put any references to the Easter Eggs in spoiler tags, ok guys?
Vickie,
I tried to be as subtle as possible but found it hard to contain my joy. :D I wasn't trying to even hint, just skirt around it by stating how pleased I was about the Burger King toy commercials being on there. ;) It's now in a spoiler tag. :)
Dan

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Is it still accurate that none of the trailers were included (I think I read it on the DVDFile review)?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Whether New Line adds a new bonus disc to that, who knows? I would sort of doubt it though. I'm not sure what else they'd include! But you never know.
I can think of one thing. Don't know if it's mentioned on the set, but in order to sell the movie to New Line, they assembled a 36 minute behind-the-scenes doc the work they had already done. I'd love to see that.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I don't see Ron's review...where is it? Oh, and anyone have their player skip (I think they were layer changes) about halfway through both DVDs? I'm using a PS2 for my DVD player. (I remember one of them being near where Gandalf goes to Isengard to meet Saruman?).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks