What's new

LOTR: Extended Edition - when will reviews be available? (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Will NewLine be sending out screeners for this? Or are they following the same strategy they did with original release?

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I recieved the 70-Minute preview disc which shows off some of the supplements, but haven't heard anything from them on getting a screener copy. I hope they don't withhold it again.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hi Chad. Yes I read your preview review with great interest.
Hopefully you will have something to post soon.:)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Lou,
I'll actually be skipping reviews (if available of this disc set). Solely based on that it's a different movie, and I want the joy of discovering new moments myself. Once I have seen the EV, I'll happily check reviews out of the remainder.

I reserve the right to verify A/V stuff (although I've already purchased the disc),
Chuck

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Lou:
Actually, you won't get to read an early review from me. I got a new job today, so I won't be reviewing DVDs for my old newspaper job. Which sadly means no more early screeners for me :frowning: Oh well, we have to sacrifice to make more money :emoji_thumbsup:
Consequently this will be my last post (if anyone cares) for about two weeks while I in transition.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
With the theatrical cut of the film, New Line openly told us they'd send no early screeners. If they've done the same for the extended version, they didn't bother to tell me. Hopefully the DVDs will pop up soon...

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I don't really want specifics on new scenes, but I would like to know how many people think this is a better/worse cut of the film. I'm guessing the former is true. Coming from New Line i'm betting for top notch Video/Audio transfer and from the list of Extras it should be a very impressive package.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Chad how inconsiderate of you!;)
Don't worry someone else will pick up the baton I'm sure.
Like others I just want to know how the new cut plays without getting into specifics. That and how the technical side stands up.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I think the reason they didn't allow screeners on the theatrical cut was because they didn't want the behind-the-scenes preview of The Two Towers to appear on peer-to-peer networks like KaZaA before the disc's release date. The Extended Edition has no such preview, so there shouldn't be a restriction.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bits says they're posting theirs next week. Oh baby...
I sure hope that holds true. Can't wait to hear news on this. On the film, the transfer, the audio, and the extras! And even hopefully, the packaging!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Someone who claims to have just seen it has a review of sorts posted on TORN (www.theonering.net). It's mainly a review of the special features, which he says are fantastic.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Here's some more comments from Tolkien Online -
"We'll be writing our reviews and will have them online early this week... Allow me to mention, though, that this 3 1/2 hour edition of the film is DEFINITELY the one that long-time fans of LOTR have been waiting for. The additional scenes (particularly Lothlorien), truly fleshed out the film into a powerful cinematic vision of Middle-earth. Those of us at the screening agreed that this special edition is even better--much better--than the film released last December."
Here's the link - http://www.tolkienonline.com
Take this with a grain of salt - these people are very passionate about Tolkien.
Still it does give one hope.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
theonering.net is loading very slow for me, probably flooded with requests. Anyone else going slow or is it just my connection? Its been loading for about 2 minutes and i have cable:angry:
l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
So...the side break question is answered at last. The person at TORN who has viewed the EE says:

The split occurs just after Pippin asks Elrond 'Right, where we going?' in Rivendell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks