LOTR EE won't play in DVD drive?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I don't know if this is the right place but due to the fact I'm using a PC's DVD drive maybe it is.
    So pop in the DVD but it says my drive is empty, NO DVD. Has this been addressed somewhere? I only wanted to capture the LOTR title to figure out which font it is.

2. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Eric,

I've played the FOTR EE in my Toshiba 1612 with no problems. However I used to encounter the problem you described. It seemed to clear up after I intalled an "ASPI layer" which is apparently not included with Windows 2000. There is a free program called "Force ASPI" that will install this apparently essential piece of software.

I hope this helps, but maybe others can elaborate on this.

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Damm you are all good. I just went over to Samsung's site and updated my firmware and everything's fine and dandy. Heck..what the hell am I gonna do without the mighty HTF....

On another note, I was thumbing thru the DVDs and couldn't find the movie trailer....I don't know if this is allowed but..I was hoping to get the trailer in Premiere 5.1, edit some of my son's birthday party into it. Is there a site where I can download the trailer that I could use in Premiere?

4. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

It was the help of HTF that got my LG DVD drive to work on my Dell Inspiron 8200. Thanks from me too.