What's new

LOTR DVD September 2002! (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
According to thedigitalbits.com (and an overseas source) Rumor Mill @ The Bits
That's too damn long to wait! I've heard previously that they were already working on the DVD itself, what's the deal here?!
That sucks. This is my most anticipated movie of the year and I have to wait almost another year to view it at home!
:angry:

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Top priority will be without a doubt completing the Two Towers.

a sept date would work well for ramping up the promotion of the Two Towers also.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Actually I'm surprised it's coming out that early.

A November date is what I thought they would have aimed for. Just in time to fuel the fires for the next release.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I could live with that. I remember reading that SW AOTC is supposed to be released sometime around Oct. on dvd. Sound's like it will be a fun fall. It is a long time though. :eek:

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Sounds about right. Just enough time to get everyone excited about the next movie in the trilogy.

John Waters

Auditioning
So is that both versions or the theatrical version only? It was my understanding they were releasing an R-rated version of the film on DVD at the same time as the PG-13 version. Is that still true?

--John

MichaelG

Second Unit
I was just wondering the same thing that John asked. It seems that LOTR could easily be cut as an R-Rated movie, does anyone know if this kind of material will be in the DVD release? I am sure that it's PG-13 just to make more money at the box office.

Anyone??

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
For a movie this big, I figured next Christmas for sure...

This isn't long to wait for a film of this nature....

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I read somewhere on the 'net that the theaterical release is rated PG-13 (most likely for the wider audience) and they're releasing the DVD as a R rated movie with the gorier battle sequences added back in.

But then again I may be wrong (I hope not though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks