LOTR Cover Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren_Fu, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Darren_Fu

Darren_Fu Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased the EE 4 disc set and I happened to be looking around the internet and noticed something interesting. On some sites like DeepDiscountDVD.com, they show the set and TLOTR writing is real big and TFOTR is really small underneath it. Mine is the opposite. TLOTR is small and underneath it TFOTR is in really big letters??? What is up here??? Why are there 2 different covers. Is it an error and everyones looks the same or did they really make 2 different covers?? If anyone has the answer to this one I would be really interested in knowing!! [​IMG] It's not really a big deal, just curious!!
    Thanks,
    DWF
    P.S Hope I don't get yelled at for starting a new thread. Its just this did not really go with any of the other threads. If its a problem I am sure it will be moved...but it shouldn't [​IMG]

2. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit

Like the theatrical release and the first DVD release, the movie was promoted as Lord of the Rings first and part 1 - The Fellowship of the Ring second. The extended edition originally followed the same pattern, but at some point was changed so that it being The Fellowship of the Ring was emphasized. I don't know the exact reason why, but it's probably because the DVD producer was thinking of the big picture, wanting each extended edition to display its proper title most prominently.

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer