LOTR at Target + bonus stuff

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Tony Craig, May 25, 2004.

1. Tony Craig

Tony Craig Extra

Target is selling the new release for $14.99 + free ACT II popcorn + 10 free AA Duracell batteries. Best deal I've seen in Huntsville, Alabama.

2. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Even though they may not have the 8-pack of Act II popcorn available, ask the clerk and they should let you through with 2 4-packs. I was allowed the 2 4-packs without hassle.

Great deal indeed...the total amount of freebies rings up to nearly $8.

3. DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert Second Unit

The batteries are on sale for $5.00.

My Target had the Popcorn 6 pack on sale for $1.50. The next largest they had was a 12 pack, which the coupon does not allow.

So my savings was $6.50

Still not bad.

My nearest Wal-Mart had the DVD on sale for $14.20, but there was no coupons for either the batteries or popcorn on the DVD's packaging.

4. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

My Target only had one single freakin' qualifying box of popcorn left, and it was just a flippin' 4-pack. [​IMG]

At least it was Kettle Corn....[​IMG]

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

This is weird, as I wasn't expecting it:

But I bought LoTR + Underworld SE @ Best Buy, went to the CS counter to pricematch Underworld, and they gave me a 10 pack of Duracell plus a special EW Mag that dealt only w/ LoTR.

What's odd though is my roommate went to buy LoTR later in the day and didn't get anything (she since returned it since her father had already bought it--it was to be a gift for him). I actually like the EW mag more than I would want popcorn. Of course it'll cost you $1 more. [​IMG]

6. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

The 8 pack of popcorn were the mini-bags. The 4 pack of Kettle corn was priced the same as the 6 pack of the regular buttered pack. All were on sale for $1.50. Over lunch they still had 100's of copies of the movie (widescreen appeared to be outselling P&S 2-1 at a minimum), and cases of popcorn sitting around reading to restock. Have to give Target credit, similar deals at Circuit City sell out in the first 30 minutes.

7. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

I picked this up at target yesterday and got the 6 pack of popcorn and 10 pack of batteries. What made this even better was the $1 coupon for Duracell batteries. The clerk did not want to give it to me but I called the supervisor over because it did not state that it could not be combined. Oh well off to replace all the batteries in my remotes.

8. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Definitely a good deal. Not even counting the popcorn (I just got a 4-pack, but they were extra large size), the $5 off the batteries, which we needed made the "net" cost just $10. The rebate for the extended edition brings the cost down to $5 and if the gift set looks good, then it is basically free for this edition. Not bad.

Neil