What's new

LOTR - Alan Lee Custom Cover art (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Here's the 6/7 disc version of The Two Towers.

Click here for larger version

The 4/5 disc version will be pretty much the same except no side borders on the spine shot. There weren't any on the original books, but I added them for the 6 and 7 disc versions because the spine is so much wider. BTW, I'm not even sure if The Two Towers Gift set is coming with an extra 5th disc lkie FotR did.

I may attempt to start work on Return of the King soon, but as I've already said, I may use other shots from the book intead of what they have on the front and back covers.

DVDCA has The Fellowship of the Ring.

Parker, I may take you up on your offer since DVD Cover Art doesn't host covers of movies that earen't released. Or I may be able to host them all myself... I don't want to be a pain the the ass!

I'll tell you one thing, working on these has made me more anxious to get The Two Towers DVDs and see the final flick! For now I've been re-reading the books!

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I now have all 3 volumes of the "Lord of the Rings" proudly sitting on my shelf! Well, the new cases anyway... Too bad they won't be filled up for another 14 months! I wanted to complete the Alan Lee design though, so I decided to finish them before my interest waned.

I made 3 different versions of "The Return of the King". One was taken from the cover, the other two from inside the book. Since the 3rd version featured the same shot as the spine, I changed that as well.

Let me know which one you like the best. I plan on keeping all 3 versions available. Here they are...

Bigger version

Bigger version

Bigger version

If any one is interested in dowloading the Hi-Res versions, I slapped together a little website and am making them available Right Here!

I also made the link as part of my sig. If this is not allowed by the admins, please let me know and I'll remove it. I didn't really want Parker to hog up web space on covers for DVDs that won't be around for some time!

Ric

FredK

Second Unit
Ric:

Those are so nice it's ridiculous, as much as I don't like struggling with gatefolds I never thought I'd buy a 6 disc case for anything... you've given me reason to now.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow incredible work.

Any chance you'll make covers for the standard Amaray cases? I have these new cases that allow you to fit 3 DVDs each. I'd like to separate the movies from the special features disc(s) for convenience.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Max,

I don't really have any plans to make them with smaller spines. At least right now. Part of the deal with these was I wanted them to be like the books, including their spines. They just wouldn't look very booklike with such a skinny spine.

However, I have been thinking about making alternate covers for single size (thin doubles) that feature the Teaser posters, like this one from the Two Towers.

Maybe that would work for you? Are these super thin 3 disc cases the same size on the spine as a single case? Where can I order them?

Ric

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Yes, same size as a regular single case. They are rather primitive, in that there is only a single hub that you stack the 3 discs onto. I'd expect them to be extremely durable though.

I buy them at the local HMV stores (Canada and England only AFAIK). Maxell brand, semi-transparent white cases. 2 for the price of $5 Canadian, which is a ripoff because Wal-Mart used to sell them for $3.50, but Wal-mart have stopped stocking them. :frowning:

No idea where I can find them online though. But, if you;re lucky, your Wal-mart may have them!

I suppose I can modify your work by "crushing" the spines, and rearrange the spine text. I hope that is okay with you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks