What's new

LOTR $5 rebate for having both editions, how? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I had the first release of LOTR and now the 2nd one, the collectors gift set. I read something about getting a $5 rebate for buying the gift set, how do I do this? I have everything EXCEPT the gift set box...?

PLMK

Jon Torres

Second Unit
In my first release of LOTR, there was a rebate in there that said if I bought the extended cut, I'd get a 5 bucks back or if I bought the gift set, I'd get 10 bucks back. You should have gotten a rebate form inside the first release. You'll need receipts and upc codes I believe. I think you can still get the rebate form from some website. I'd do a search.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The rebate coupon was included in the Theatrical Version released in August. It was part of the coupon book enclosed.

The rebate is for $5 for purchasing the TV and the EE, or $10 for purchasing the TV and EE: Gift Set.

Along with the original rebate coupon, you need to include the store receipt and original proof of purchase for each set. The POP on the TV (there are 3 of them, quite tiny) was on the keepcase cover insert, just above the UPC barcode. For the EE, the POP is included on the paper insert (lower right corner, very tiny) wrapped around the back of the slipcase. For the EE: Gift Set, the POP is on the paper insert wrapped around the back of the gift set box (lower right corner, very tiny).

Store receipts must be dated between 8/6/02 and 2/28/03. Rebate requests must be postmarked by 3/1/03 and received by 3/7/03.

Brian E

Screenwriter
If you didn't get a rebate form, like me, you can request one from the LOTR movie site and they'll mail you one.

Arif

Agent
I don't think you are required to submit the POP and store receipt for both DVDs as Malcom claims.
My rebate form clearly indicates "Complete this original form and submit with original proof of purchase tab from one of these qualifying movies, plus the original store cash register receipt dated on or before February 24, 2003". By qualifying movies they mean the Special Extended Edition DVD or VHS version as depicted on the other side of the form.
Then again my rebate form is Canadian, for $8 off.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks