LOTR 2 Towers EE packaging

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulEB, Mar 8, 2004.

1. PaulEB

PaulEB Stunt Coordinator

This type of packaging (whatever it is called) gives me fits every time I try to remove the disc. It is very difficult to get the disc out without bending the disc. This can't be good for the disc and I am worried that over time this will ruin it and render it unplayable.

Is this typical? Have any of you folks "converted" and placed the discs in a different type of disc holder?

2. DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert Second Unit

I don't have any problem with getting the discs out of the EE package. I just push down on the center and with a finger lift up the edge. Never had to pry it out or even coe close to bending it.

The only package where I took the DVD's out of their original package was the Vista Series version of Pearl Harbor. The paper sleeves that the DVD's were in were way too tight, so I put them in seperate keep cases. I keep the original package of Pearl Harbor next to them on the shelf.

The only package where I even have to "bend" the DVD is some keep cases where they say lift here along the edge of the DVD, there is no center push button for release. So I either have to lift here and "bend" the disc or use my fingers of both hands and lift along the edge and push the little things that are holding the DVD at the center. I hate those the most.

3. BradyB

BradyB Stunt Coordinator

Paul, I feel your pain. I have had the same problems. But whenever I come across packaging like this I just use a nail file and file down the little plastic hubs. You only want to give each hub a little bit of a rub down or else it may get too loose.

Hope this helps.

4. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Yea, they can be tuff. My SE7EN disk i have to pry out

5. ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum Second Unit

I haven't had any problems with with the TTT:EE package but my Fargo SE is terrible. I've almost snapped it a couple times.