What's new

Lost summer run (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I've been watching them all so far this summer and I do like it. Good to see Mira Furlan again. :D

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
That really stinks. I've been recording every episode for my step-sister since she works on Wednesday nights and now she will miss a few episodes. I guess she'll either have to buy the season on DVD or rent the discs with the episodes she missed from Netflix.

Also, since I was recording it for her, I was keeping a copy for myself. Guess my Season 1 will be incomplete now. :angry:

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Tonight they start skipping episodes. I'm asking everyone at work if they still have episode 10 somewhere. :angry:

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Oh shoot! I thought they didn't start skipping until next week. Bummer. #10 was Claire's backstory and a really good episode. I would of rather had that episode than the one that was on last night. Grrrr.... :angry:

Damn you, ABC! Now I'm gonna have to shell out the money for the season box set.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, unless ABC starts doubling up, it's almost impossible to re-air all the episode in a row during the summer on a weekly basis.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
It really sucked that they skipped episodes. I'm watching the show fir the first time and had to read the episode recap online. Not happy.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
If you don't want to buy the season set, Bobby, you could always rent the discs you need when they come out in September. I have a feeling that is one show local video stores will be carrying.

I do Netflix so it's easy for me to rent specific discs through them. I swear, that's the best $19 I spend every month.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
There's always other means of finding the missing eps. :D I prefer to watch the show on ABC in full HD though. I wish they would have started doubling up earlier this month. That would have given them enough time.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I just watched episode 10 and I can see why ABC skipped it. While it was nice to see Claire's backstory, overall it didn't really move the plot too much. I haven't seen wednesdays episode yet (#11) but I bet it's all covered in a recap.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I thought Claire's backstory was one of the more essential. If only for the fact that the psychic was so concerned about the person raising the child, and the fact that he put her on the plane knowing that it would crash. And, despite what happened in the finale,
I think the episode has made it pretty clear that the baby will have some important role to play. So episode 10 is one that I would definitely not skip.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
No Matt that didn't happen in 10. I guess I'm spoiled for 11 now. :frowning:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Oh, sorry, I could have sworn it was. I didn't mean to spoil you. Sincerest apologies Kyle.

EDIT: I just checked an episode guide, and you're entirely right. The way episode 10 ended, you knew something was going to happen, but not what. If it's any consolation, I probably only spoiled the first minute of the next episode.

I deleted the text from the post above - in reflection, it was a very silly thing to post, especially without spoilers.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, that explains why i couldn't figure out what happened from ep 11. i was like, wtf? i don't remember any of that.

personally, i'm totally hatin' myself for not watching this first run. i *rarely* get into tv anymore (can't think of the last tv show i religiously watched...i guess the simpsons and that was years ago), but this one has me hooked!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Another episode has been axed during the summer run, though you can't argue with why.

ABC is airing a 2-hr special on Peter Jennings from 8-10 this Wednesday (the 10th). So this week's Brat Camp is being pre-empted until the 17th (when the season finale was supposed to air). Thus, the season finale of Brat Camp is now going to air at 9pm on the 24th - which was supposed to be the first double-run day.

So now, there will be just the single episode at 10pm on the 24th. And it looks like episode 17 (In Translation)is going to be the pre-empted episode.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

That stinks. That was a very good episode.

Ted, I'm guessing since "Lost" was such a hit this year that a lot of local video stores will be carrying the DVDs to rent. You could rent the discs with the episodes you missed. I have a few friends who are watching it for the first time over the summer and they are gonna rent their discs through Netflix.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Updating things again, it looks like the episode to be cut is Born to Run, and NOT In Translation as I said last time. Check out post 20 for the latest schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks