Lost summer run

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by KyleC, Jun 1, 2005.

1. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Anyone know when they're going to start re-running Lost? I had head they're running the entire season in the summer (no idea how). I want to see what all the fuss is about.

2. Jim Rankin

Jim Rankin Stunt Coordinator

Cut and pasted from ABC's website:
    Next Episode:
    Wednesday, June 1, 10/9c
    "Pilot - Part 1"
    Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help. Go back to the beginning with the very first episode of Lost.

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I'll be watching it tonight since I never watched it during the season, and a couple of my co-workers would kill me if I didn't give it a shot this summer.

The 2 parts of the pilot are airing tonight and next Wednesday (6/8) at 10 ET on ABC. Tomorrow night after I get back from the office, I should have the scheduled airings thru the end of June, probably (if not later - possibly even through July). I'll post whatever I have then.

4. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Thanks Scott, time to set the DVR.

5. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

The season was 24 episode long and there definitely isn't 24 weeks between now and September. So I wonder if they are gonna air additional episodes on Wednesday or maybe another night of the week? I hope they don't skip any episodes. That would stink.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I was thinking the same thing. I guess you can conclude that they either don't plan on starting in September (but 24 weeks would put the premiere in the middle of November or so which is really unlikely) or they will play multiple episodes on the same night or they will skip episodes[​IMG]

7. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

As promised (although a little later than I expected), here are the details (all times EST, see disclaimer at the bottom of the post):

6/8 @ 10PM - Episode 2 (Pilot, Part 2)
    6/15 @ 10PM - Episode 3 (Tabula Rasa)
    6/22 @ 10PM - Episode 4 (Walkabout)
    6/29 @ 10PM - Episode 5 (White Rabbit)
    7/6 @ 10PM - Episode 6 (House of the Rising Sun)
    7/13 @ 10PM - Episode 7 (The Moth)
    7/20 @ 10PM - Episode 8 (Confidence Man)
    7/27 @ 10PM - Episode 9 (Solitary)
    8/3 @ 10PM - Episode 11 (All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues)
    8/10 @ 10PM - Episode 14 (Special)
    8/17 @ 10PM - Episode 16 (Outlaws)
    8/24 @ 10PM - Episode 17 (...In Translation)
    8/31 @ 9PM - Episode 18 (Numbers)
    10PM - Episode 19 (Deus Ex Machina)
    9/7 @ 9PM - Episode 20 (Do No Harm)
    10PM - Episode 24 (Exodus - part 1 of 2)
    9/14 @ 9PM - Episode 25 (Exodus - part 2 of 2, 2hrs)

On 9/21, ABC is listing 2hrs of Lost again - likely the season premiere.

(Latest additions in bold; my apologies for the poor formatting)

As pointed out earlier in this thread, they can't air the entire season if they only air 1 episode a week so it seems like they're only airing a sampling of the season this summer - not the whole season. They probably figure that'll help DVD sales when the S1 set is released in September - people will want to fill in the holes of the eps they missed.

Disclaimer - all schedule information is subject to change, and some affiliates may air alternate programming to what is listed above, which comes from the network itself - not any of its affiliates.

8. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I read something on TVGuide's website that said some nights they'll do back to back episodes but that they will not show the entire first season. [​IMG]

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

For what it's worth, I'm sure they'll probably play all the 'important' episodes.

10. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I watched the first ep tonight. It was pretty good, lots of questions. I'm definitely tuning in for the summer.

11. BobbyPerry

BobbyPerry Stunt Coordinator

I didn't watch the show when it was on and want to watch it, so i watched the first episode last week and really look forward to the rest. Did someone say they won't air the entire season? Why would they air some but not the rest?

12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Bobby, there won't be 23 more weeks before the new season so they don't have enough time to rerun all the episodes. Like I said before though, I'm sure they'll run all the episodes that are important to the show's overall story.

Keep in mind, they could also air a couple episodes on one night and fit all the episodes into the summer but that's only a guess on my part.

13. BobbyPerry

Yeah, I'm hoping they run a couple episodes some nights b/c it would suck for people that want to see the whole season if they don't.

14. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

My previous post (#7) has been updated with the July schedule for Lost and, so far, it looks like ABC's sticking with the once-a-week, consecutive episodes summer run.

15. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I just hope they start doubling up in August.

Man that Evangeline Lilly has got some body on her. I saw the second ep last night where she was in the ocean. faint... [​IMG]

16. BobbyPerry

I'm excited that I'll at least get to see the first 9 epsidoes. I'd be happy to rent the DVD when it comes out to fill in the rest. Of course, I'd rather they just air the whole season this summer, but if not, I'll be alright with it.

17. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

While I don't have any info on episodes past what I've posted above, beginning 8/24 ABC is listing Lost for 2 hours on each Wednesday thru September. I don't know when the season 2 premiere is planned, so one of the airings toward the end of September may be the season premiere - I don't know. But as it stands right now, that is ABC's plan with Lost.

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Using the above info, if ABC played all the episodes that would put the season premiere at October 12. That seems possible- not definite but possible.

19. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

That would be great because this show looks amazing in HD. I'd rather watch it all in HD. [​IMG]

20. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

It's been a while since I've updated the episode list. It's not good news. Here's the remainder of the summer run (all times Eastern, again):

8/3 @ 10PM - Episode 11 (All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues)
    8/10 @ 10PM - Episode 14 (Special)
    8/17 @ 10PM - Episode 16 (Outlaws)
    8/24 @ 10PM - Episode 17 (...In Translation)
    8/31 @ 9PM - Episode 18 (Numbers)
    10PM - Episode 19 (Deus Ex Machina)
    9/7 @ 9PM - Episode 20 (Do No Harm)
    10PM - Episode 24 (Exodus - part 1 of 2)
    9/14 @ 9PM - Episode 25 (Exodus - part 2 of 2, 2hrs)

Looks like 6 episodes are going to be MIA this summer, unless ABC decides to add them at the last-minute (which I wouldn't count on).

On 9/21, ABC is listing 2hrs of Lost again - likely the season premiere.