Lost...Season One...review coming soon!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DaViD Boulet, Aug 30, 2005.

1. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

In case anyone is wondering I just got this set (literally arrived 2 days ago) and I'm struggling to watch it and get my review posted soon. Trouble is...having never seen the show before this DVD...I'm now totally hooked and I want to watch all the episodes before I look at the special features so nothing gets ruined for me!

I'm doing my best...and if push comes to shove I'll skip to bonus material disc to get the review posted by the weekend.

So far I'm really, really intrigued by this show. The image and sound are spectacular...the 16x9 picture is very HD-like and does not look over-processed at all...very, very natural and beautiful on my projection screen (I know that the it was shown in HD and the medium of origin is film).

Once I get the review done I'll post here so if you're waiting to read the review sign up for notifications to this thread.

soon!!!

dave [​IMG]

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Since the show has a lot of surprises, you definitely want to do that. Just hurry cause I want to read another review![​IMG]

3. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

4. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

Can't wait to read the review David. It will give me something to do while I wait for my set to arrive. I've only seen the first half of the season, so I'm very much looking forward to getting my discs. [​IMG]

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

David, don't skip ahead; it's SUCH an awesome show that I'd hate for you to be spoiled by jumping ahead.

Gord

6. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

Take your time...most of the people purchasing it have already seen it.

One request...

Be sure to let us know how the packaging is. I know this set contains the overlapping digipak holders for the discs, and I would be interested in knowing your experience with your review copy (and scratches, scuffs, etc.)

7. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

Agreed. Don't skip ahead to the bonus features. Although I'm guessing you meant to say you would "skip the bonus material disc" rather than "skip to [the] bonus material disc".

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Dont rush with the set, enjoy it like we all did when it aired. Ok with that said next week can not come fast enough

capt

9. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Gonna have to pick this one up. Tried to catch up with this show on reruns but ABC totally messed that up when they started skipping episodes all over the place, so I gave up. I think I've seen 10 episodes out of the 24. Too bad, because it really looks good in HD. Good to hear that the DVD has good PQ too.

10. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

The packaging is the overlapping style...but you've got *SEVEN* DVDs!!! Six of them have 4 eipisdes each...compressed very well with no artifacting and superb image quality.

The bonus material is on the 7th disc (along with a few bonus features thrown in on the feature discs like commentary etc.).

Though I don't usually like the overlapping disc packaging...in this case with so many discs it works well to fit everything into a small fold-out style carrier.

I'll post the first part of my review tonight if possible...and I'll list the special features but won't actually watch/review them in detail until I finish the series. My roomates and I have stayed up till 1am the last two nights watching back-to-back shows! Last night we watched a total of five episodes...but so many more to go!!!!

What a great show...

11. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    What a relief Dave. No longer will I have to tell you to Get Lost![​IMG]

Take your time - most of us are interested in hearing the technical details for this set. We are already know how great the show is!

BTW consider yourself lucky, the airing of episodes for season one was brutal with multiple 3-4 week waits for new installments![​IMG]

12. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

Of all the new shows last fall, this was the one where I said, "I have to get this when it comes out on DVD."

I really wasn't expecting to like it that much when I heard the premise, but it is surprisingly intriguing. It is really refreshing to have a new compelling drama that isn't a police/hospital/lawyer show.

Thanks for the info on the packaging I appreciate it.

13. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor