What's new

Lost: Season Four (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm referring to the egyptian dig that revealed dharma logo on somn that is supposed to be gazillions of years old.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

JF really should have chosen a name from the B5 universe, not Star Wars. He's like a Vorlon, very oblique and eliptical. :D

I assume he's referring to the Dharma collar on the polar bear skeleton that Charlotte found in Tunisia (not Egypt - see "Nigeria/Ethiopia", above :)) in a flashback. Since we now know that Dharma was experimenting with time travel, and since it also seems that the "other end" of the island transport system, in both time and space, is Tunisia, it seems likely that the polar bear was sent back in time (probably by mistake) and quickly died in the inhospitable climate. (Which what is now Tunisia would have been even before it became a desert.) I don't think it means that Dharma was a going concern "a gazillion years" ago, when the rest of the artifacts in the dig were created.

There's no need to explain why Dharma existed thousands of years ago if it didn't.

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hehehe, like kosh right =P. i think those guys have a heart, but perhaps i'm just projecting here >D.

aaanyways. when i first saw that scene, i didn't think it was a flashback, the time wasn't specified. i always assumed it was present time, whatever "present time" is in the lost universe. i also thought that they were digging amongst other ancient artifacts and would find that skeleton along with it. i know they're gonna get into it more. when i first saw that scene, i always thought about a mason-like society keeping dharma sekrets through all time (or like national treasure, etc.).

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

That was my view on the scene, as well. Perhaps someone decided to move beyond bunnies, to bears, and failed to carry the 1 in the calculation :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
For anyone who was curious about the Octagon Global Recruiting commercial:

Octagon Global Recruiting, on behalf of the Dharma Initiative, would like to thank you for registering your expression of interest in our latest volunteer recruitment drive.

We will be launching in San Diego on July 24th at Comic-Con International offering select registrants the opportunity to take an exciting aptitude test that will give applicants the chance to demonstrate their unique talents.

The Dharma Initiative hopes you will be able to join us to find out more about their ground-breaking new research project. We will contact you closer to the date with more information.

For those not able to join us in San Diego, Dharma's full recruitment program will be made available online to registered recruits after July 27th.

In the meantime, the Dharma Initiative urges you to spread the word. Invite your colleagues to join the team at Octagon and take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you can't view the images in this email please click here

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE DHARMA INITIATIVE:
This message and its attachments are confidential and may contain information which is protected by copyright. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the authorised recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the authorised recipient), you must not use, disclose, print, copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and its attachments from your system. Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of the Dharma Initiative or its subsidiaries must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. No representation is made that this email or its attachments are without defect or that the contents express views other than those of the sender.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I just wanted to point out something that struck me as another (perhaps) instance of great story-telling and foreshadow while rewatching the series from the start.

In the season 3 episode "Left Behind," Hurley makes the comment that Sawyer will have to be the leader now that Kate, Jack, and Sayid are gone. In my rewatch, I found it notable that he didn't say the names of other prominent losties, such as Sun, Locke, Desmond, Charlie, etc. I know, at the time, those characters were either gone from camp, or they had questionable standing in the group, but still, it was notable. Surely, at least some people would look to Locke (when he got back) as a leader before Sawyer.

Why is this notable, to me? Well consider who is either off the Island (Jack, Kate, Sayid, Desmond), or otherwise unable to even take part in island-business (Claire, Desmond, Jin, Charlie, etc).

Of course, this could EASILY just be a coincidence, and it truly has very little bearing on anything really. But, to me, it at the very least seems like a clever bit of foreshadow to be picked up on the second time through :)

cheers!

Josh

Joe_H

Screenwriter
For anyone in the San Diego area going to the Comic-Con, I just got another email from the Octagon site if you're interested:

ATTENTION ALL RECRUITS
DHARMA HEAD OF RECRUITING TO ATTEND LAUNCH

Octagon Global Recruiting, on behalf of the Dharma Initiative, is pleased to announce that Dharma's Head of Recruiting, Mr. Hans Van Eeghen, has confirmed his availability for the launch of our latest recruiting drive at Comic-Con 2008.

"My colleagues at Octagon Global Recruiting assure me that Comic-con hosts some of the brightest minds in the country," said Mr. Van Eeghen. "As Head of Recruiting it is my intention to personally assess the very best of this talent in the hope that they may join us."

The Dharma Initiative will be conducting eligibility assessments at Booth 3529 at Comic-Con, San Diego between July 24th - 27th.

If you are attending Comic-Con and would like to submit your name for a randomly selected drawing to secure one of ten (10) pre-release appointments with one of our recruiting officers, please click here.

The volunteer eligibility assessment will be available online from July 28th for a limited time at DHARMA WANTS YOU

The Dharma Initiative hopes you will spread the word. Invite your friends to join the team at Octagon

If you can't view the images in this email please click here

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE DHARMA INITIATIVE:
This message and its attachments are confidential and may contain information which is protected by copyright. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the authorized recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the authorized recipient), you must not use, disclose, print, copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and its attachments from your system. Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of the Dharma Initiative or its subsidiaries must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. No representation is made that this email or its attachments are without defect or that the contents express views other than those of the sender.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what they have planned for their Comic Con panel this year. From the sounds of that e-mail, they may be trying to start a cult.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks