What's new

Lost: Season Four (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Heck of an opening. There's a ton of new and interesting mysteries that they've opened up with.

Lance Reddick (the guy who was claiming to be Oceanic's lawyer) is a scary looking dude.

For the people watching too closely, I think the car that Hurley was driving at the beginning was the same car that he and his dad were working on in a flashback in last season's Tricia Tanaka Is Dead. And the detective who mentioned Ana Lucia was indeed in her flashback episode.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Am I mistaken, or was one of the cops at the beginning, surrounding Hurley's car, Doakes from Dexter? It was a very quick look, and he didn't say anything, so I'm not entirely sure, but it looked a lot like him.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Okay, am I correct in assuming the flash forwards with Hurley preceed the flash forwards we saw with Jack in the season finale? Jack mentions thinking about growing a beard (which he does have), after all. And they both seem to have the same agenda in the flash fowards, that of going back to the island. ("He" wants them to go back...Jacob?)

Which then leads to the questions: if Hurley went with Locke, how does he get off the island? How does he know Jack is "right" in needing to go back? Who are the Oceanic Six (Jack, Hurley, Kate...who else?)? And is Hurley really going nutters or is it the island playing tricks with him from a far?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Wild speculation on my part, but I'm thinking whoever was in the casket from the finale. No one in the outside world would get Jack so riled up, so I think it would have to be someone from the island. At least we know who it's *not* at this point.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think it's clear(well not that clear) that the FF's(flashforwards) will not be in chronological order, this will further confuse everything.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Man Hurley rocked tonight.

He was so badass when he intercepted Desmond and told him he would tell Claire the bad news. And then in the very next beat with Claire he lost it. The new and old Hurley in one scene. Awesome writing and acting.

mylan

Screenwriter
Did anyone else do a headcount as each group was walking through the jungle to try and figure out who the "Oceanic six" were? I'll bet I wasn't the only one and was it just me or did Kate look like she was wearing make-up tonight? Looked great on her but she had just emerged from the jungle, WTF?
I'm going to have to watch closely to try and figure out whose "flash forward" we're being shown and whats real and whats Hurley's imagination, all in all a great start to the season.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I seem to recall that in the replay of the Season 3 finale, it was said that the person in the accident on the bridge and in the casket was one of the Oceanic survivors. I recorded it so I'll have to look.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the surgeon of the woman on the bridge has the same last name as bernard.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hope all y'all enjoy getting strung along for the next 47 episodes. The writers are going to scramble many viewers' brains over the course of these 3 years coming up.

Who's that in the cabin:

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I wonder if the person in the casket could still be Micheal? Maybe he is not part of the OC6 and therefore a lot harder for Jack to understand.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I personally was a little surprised myself when the actor who plays Michael's name was in the credits again. Did he have some hidden appearance I didn't catch?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
And one of last night's "pop-up videos" speculated on the fact that whoever is in the coffin in L.A., is someone who originally came from New York.

Great episode, BTW! It is so nice to finally have Lost back on the air!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I knew who it was, just wanted to make sure others realized it as well. Just to pour some more fuel on the speculation fire that always runs rampant after each episode of Lost. I'm content on just watching and chilling because we are at the tip of the iceberg once again with the mishmash of the flash-forwards and the island drama.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I miss the lack of fear over venturing into the forest because of the smoke monster and polar bears, etc.

Anyway, I have to get back in a Lost frame of mind. I found myself feeling like some of the detractors -- that nothing was really happening. I've heard this season will move pretty quickly and at least provide answers while opening up new questions, so I wasn't frustrated or anything, but I did notice myself feeling like the episode was dragging at times.

Stabbed in the back and left for dead in a clearing populated by many people, then suddenly come back to life and crawl away and nobody sees you? Not only that, but climb a tree? After all that, finally die? That just didn't feel very strong to me.

It was nice to see Imaginary Charlie.

Off we go...

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I wanted to add that I'm really glad they're doing more flash-forwards. Quite frankly, the flashbacks had nothing we hadn't seen already, in many of the season 3 episodes. This opens things up much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks