What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since I have no clue as to where they'll go in S6, I'll venture the most basic hopes. I think Jack & Kate, Jin & Sun, Hurley, Miles, Claire & Aaron will get some type of happy ending. I think Sawyer, Ben and Sayid will die (with Sawyer having a heroic death and Ben getting as much redemption as possible). And Locke will continue to be dead.

I'm sure the first 2 episodes of S6 will make half of the above impossible.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
remember how tunisia is the exit point for Losties to come back to earf? somehow it's connected where it was also an 'entrance' in the past where artifacts like the statue can be 'transported' to the island.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It wouldn't be the first time "Locke" got someone to kill for him. See his father and Sawyer.

I guess the fact the characters with the most knowledge about the Island (Richard, Ben) were so shocked by Locke's resurrection should have a been a clue that geez... Locke probably wasn't resurrected.

I wonder how many more times a major reveal will consist of a dead Locke. Twice already. Could become a running joke very quickly...

Heartbreaking moment there for Sawyer and Juliette. If the bomb doesn't work, Jack is a dead man...

Any thoughts on Jacob's frequent mention of "choice"?

Good finale. Perhaps it will grow on me like the last one did: only good at first, but ended up loving it after repeat viewings.

--
H

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator

I think the only thing that could completely explain the Island/Statue/mythology/etc. would be a LOST Theme Park (this IS a Disney show, after all).

Joseph Young

Screenwriter

I wouldn't be surprised by a LOST ride somewhere down the line at one of the Disneyland parks. Perhaps "Tom Friendly's Boat Adventure," "Sawyers Southern Jamboree Show," but most likely "The LOST Experience: The Ride." I'd be all over that. I can see it now, at one particularly harrowing blind curve, a life-size cutout of Ethan jumps out. Scary stuff.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I know this is morbid, but who here wasn't thinking of the Oceanic 815 when hearing about the missing Air France jet? If the LOST pilot was in the works right now, I'm sure it would have been delayed.

mylan

Screenwriter
If we thought it, just imagine what the cast and crew of Lost think. Watching the show is one thing but I can't imagine the terror of the real event unfolding in a split second...R.I.P Flight 447.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Eh. There were only 2 Americans aboard, according to Wiki. This tragedy is huge news in Brazil and France (countries between which the aircraft was flying) but I don't imagine it affecting anything in Hollywood. I am even surprised at how much coverage it's getting here (I learned about it on the French news.)

--
H

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Although we've known what the producers intended for certain waylaid characters for a while, it's nice to see final confirmation that the scheduling is going to work out for everyone involved.

Also, Ausiello's column I linked to contains some interesting theories, not the least of which regards the fabled 'Zombie Season'
that they've joked about in the past.

I think one of the reasons that LOST has appealed to me over years has a LOT to do with where the writers and creators are coming from. Many of them grew up in the same time period as me, and were influenced by/enthusiastic about the same movies and televisions shows. It's the sort of show I might have dreamed up (a sort of 'kitchen-sink pastiche' of adventure and science fiction) if I'd possessed even an iota of their talent or motivation.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Nothing could herald in a Zombie Season full of fantastic television better than for Jack and Kate to be turned into zombies in the season premiere and then chopped into bits with a Dharma lawn mower by Sawyer by the end of the episode.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A very interesting and somewhat revealing article on what
we can expect next.

Click Here

PS: I don't think the site is allowing a direct link from ours (only Yahoo). I will highlight some of the information...

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Ron, thanks for the update.

As long as the ending is 'redemptive' (as Fox described), I'll be happy. I think the larger theme in Lost is redemption, so this is a must. Glad to hear it's the tone they're striking for S6. I won't mind sad so long as it's earned.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, the full desciption was, "..an incredibly powerful, very sad and beautiful way", which isn't necessarily a bad thing. After 5 seasons Babylon 5 concluded with a story that certainly had elements of sadness, but also of hope and a feeling of completion.

For that matter The Lord of the Rings films also ended on a somewhat sad note. Frodo has saved the Shire, but at a price. He could not live there himself and stay with the friends he loved. Or try Terminator 2, Gladiator and Return of the Jedi, all of which end in victory tempered by sacrifice and loss.

It would not be terribly surprising if the price of an otherwise happy ending for a show like loss were the death of one or more of the leading characters - something that couldn't be done until the last episodes for obvious reasons. I don't have a problem with a sad ending as long as it makes dramatic and emotional sense and is consistent with what has gone before.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks