1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Lou Sytsma, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Wow, and I thought the other person from the first few minutes was going to end up being Richard. And my initial guess was another bomb in the cargo hold. I never would've guessed that.

Glad someone (Miles) brought up our theory that it was exactly what caused the incident.

What a torturous way to end the episode though, damn.

2. shadyguy

shadyguy Stunt Coordinator

Brad Lloyd
    I am so ticked right now !
    My direct TV went out due to a storm just as Jacob said "They are coming and I missed everything after that.
    Can someone tell me what happened ???

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

You ain't kiddin'. I wouldn't want it any other way though. [​IMG]

EDIT: Since it's the last scene of the season, I'll put it in spoilers. Thanks for the reminder, Lou.

4. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    To continue Travis's post and spoilerized for West Coasters:

The big cue about the logo ending is the colours were reversed. The background was white and the Lost logo was black.

The tagline for Season 6 was: Destiny Found.

5. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Locke can't be evil/dead/possessed! He just can't be!

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too but I'm willing to see where they go with it.

7. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

That episode just rocked, period. I'm going to have to watch it again. It seemed like every seconds I was going, "Ahhh." Much exposition. Locke's not Locke! What does this mean for the Christian vision?

8. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

I think that means other guy from the beginning can possess whichever dead body he chooses, and at one point he was in Christian, but now he's in Locke, maybe?

Just a guess, I've been wrong about this show a million times before. [​IMG]

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

My Latin(?) is rusty. Anyone know or read online what Richard's response was to "What lies in the shadow of the statue?"

10. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Maybe, but weren't ghost Christian and resurrected Locke "activated" at the same time when ghost Christian talked to Sun and Lapidus and Locke was sitting around on the beach all alive? Or were these moments staggered enough for the dude to possess one body and jump to another?

Seems kinda like a ploy though if true. I don't want to believe that ghost Christian isn't real Christian, just as I don't want to see an evil Locke doppelganger. It just feels wrong - as though the creators are desecrating the body of a beloved character. [​IMG]

My biggest complaint about the finale is that they could have set up the whole Jacob vs. Other Guy conflict much earlier. It sort of comes out of the blue and maybe the creators have been building towards this reveal, but it seems too huge of an over-arching game thing for it to all just play out in the last 17 episodes.

Was anyone else bothered by the random Juliet flashback? It sort of worked for the character, but unless I missed something, it was the only flashback to not feature any connection to Jacob.

I REALLY hope Juliet's not dead. But should I be worried? She wasn't dead when the episode ended and neither were any of the other Losties. Bomb goes off. I assume if any of them die, they'd all be in the same type of screwed. She's essentially in the same position as Desmond in the season 2 finale only more banged up, and, oh yeah, she detonated a hydrogen bomb. [​IMG]

Was Jacob essentially taking out some sort of life insurance policy by "recruiting" everyone? Did he know he was going to die? He didn't seem to care about stopping Ben from doing what he did.

For some reason, I figured the big case the Ajira folk were lugging around and Hurley's guitar case were ultimate weapons in this supposed war of good and evil. The axe of prejudice and the guitar of righteousness or something like that. [​IMG]

I'm surprised the show didn't end with a reunion between Sun and Jin. I guess that'll be covered in the season 6 premiere.

11. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Producer

Josh Dial

I think it was touched on from episode one, personally. In fact, I even said so years ago ( http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ml#post3122138 ). Locke's line from the pilot, about two sides, one light, one dark, was a clear forshadow--note that Jacob and the other guy in the opening scene were wearing black and white.

Amazing finale--I was glued to the screen from the opening shot.

12. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Also, was anyone else trying to count toes when they showed Jacob and the other guy? [​IMG]

13. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i guess Jacob was immortal, but he didn't possess the instinct for self preservation [​IMG]. when a killer is holding a knife and deciding whether or not to kill you, and asks 'what about me', you don't reply 'what about you'. [​IMG]

14. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Also Jacob made sure he touched or gave them something that was his or something he had touched.

Sun & Jin- patted them on the shoulder as he congratulated them.
    Jack- Touched his hand while giving him the candy bar
    Sayid- Stopped him for directions/touching the map
    Kate- Touched her on the nose
    Sawyer- Touched hand while giving him the pen
    Hurley- Touched shoulder and giving him the guitar case
    Locke- Touched him after he fell from his father pushing him out the window

15. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

Post 925. Thank you [​IMG]

16. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

A troubling finale. So yes - Locke is not Locke. I don't think he's been Locke since he came wandering out of the ocean after the Ajira crash. Just like, perhaps, Christian was not Christian after his casket came crashing into the island? Perhaps in order to assume a person's body, the "evil angel" (for lack of a better description) must hijack the form of a body as it enters the island's "airspace"?

Miles was my hero for finally stating the obvious tonight about the bomb! (It really was up in the air before that.) Unfortunately, we won't actually know what actual effect the bomb had on the island until next season. Hitting the reset button would seem an odd way to go out for a last season (with no character threads reaching back to the previous five seasons), but there's always the possibility that it sent them all forward to 2007, in whichever timeline... who knows!

I'm not sure how I feel about the Cain / Abel (Devil / God) storyline. It makes perfect sense for the show - it's been about that from the very beginning - but Jacob (and his "partner") were introduced so abruptly that it seems like this truly metaphysical, even biblical conflict has forced its way onto the "Lost" stage without much time to prepare, like the show has really slipped out of our grasp.

A lot to think about this year, that's for sure.

I'm kind of upset that my favorite character on the show, John Locke, is not only "really" dead, but being used by a malicious force to wreak havok. Kind of leaves me with a bad feeling. And I know most everyone hates Ben, but wow, I really felt sorry for him tonight.

Hm. Yeah, I'll really have to think about this one for a bit. I can't say I didn't like it, but it didn't leave me feeling too satisfied.

17. Jassen M. West

Jassen M. West Supporting Actor

Desmond stumbled into camp naked, could we be in for a nice treat? [​IMG]

18. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

He touched her nose, at any rate.

shadyguy was told that Juliet was alive but injured, but you should know that she was basically broken. She was smashed to bits, coughing and (probably) dying, but she used what strength she could muster to set off the bomb.

I'm not going to write off Juliet, Sayid or even Locke at this point. I don't think we're going to get a true reset even if it looks that way at first, but I don't know that we've seen the last of the first two, nor that we can know for sure what is going on with Locke. He's been two places at once as recently as the previous episode, when he saw himself approach Richard in the past.

19. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

Miles has been in two places at once as well.

Why are there so many posts assuming as fact that Jacob's rival has possessed Locke? Locke says he has his memories of Ben killing him, etc. Why couldn't there be two Lockes?

20. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

The actress who plays Juliette has signed up for another series this fall, so maybe that's the best indication that she is truly dead and gone (which is my take on it anyway).