What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
one of last season's episode's scenes had Abaddon briefing Naomi on the mission. the exchange went something like:

Naomi: what if i run into survivors of 815?
Abaddon: there were no survivors of 815.
Naomi: but what if there were?
Abaddon: there weren't.

at the time i thought it was stupid for Abaddon not to tell her, if he knew otherwise, because leaving out that info certainly doesn't help her prepare or accomplish her mission. it could only hinder it. but whatever.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Very good episode. Loved the dialogue between Miles and Hurley.
It's the little stuff like "I'm writing 'The Empire Strikes Back' to send
to George Lucas" stuff that really makes this show a pleasure to watch.

I also echo the question about Faraday. It seems a big deal was
made about him coming out of the submarine. Where has he been
all this time? I forgot where we last left him. In fact, I think it was
the episode where he was a worker in the Dahrma camp and was
commenting on the young redhead girl (that would one day be his love
interest).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the last time we saw Faraday was when they arrived at the Dharma barracks after they stopped moving through time. After that, Sawyer had said something to the effect of that Faraday "wasn't here anymore" but that's as much info as had been given. I assume that he'll be filling in the blanks in the next episode.

mylan

Screenwriter
Concerning Faraday, I got that he was standing in for Mr. DeGroot somehow, remember Dr. Candle said something like " take me down to the sub, we've got visitors from Ann Arbor".
Or, then again, maybe I was mistaken.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
plus it's kind of creepy now that his love is a young girl :laugh:.

ah time travel... makes pedobears of them all :D

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
On the other hand, maybe his "I love you" wasn't a statement of romantic interest, a man's love for a woman, by a statement of the love that he had had for Charlotte. Or maybe I'm confused (darn time travel!); did he meet her first as a woman or as a child?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This is slightly off-topic...

Since we don't get a new episode until next week, if any of you want your brains scrambled by more time travel paradoxes, I would suggest renting the movie "Timecrimes", which just got released on video. (It's in Spanish, with subtitles). It handles the notion of time travel very similarly to "Lost", so those of you who are confused by the paradoxical concepts in Lost may be very, well: "Lost". But it's a good movie.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Can someone please confirm that tonights Lost is just a clip show. The description in my program guide makes it sound likeit includes different scenes.

It is hard to tell from that decription if it really is just repeating clips with narration, or new stuff.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I can't confirm it but if there was new or deleted scenes, they would have promoted it as having them. It's probably just going to focus on recapping the events of S4 and S5.

EDIT: Are you on the west coast? I'm probably going to watch it (I have little to do with my time
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
) and I'll be able to say one way or the other after it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I must be the only person who still loves ewoks. *shrug* oh well. This ep was interesting, but I thought it added a lot of backstory I can't make sense of.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
My wife likes Ewoks too!

As for Faraday... when he showed up last week, I was trying to remember where things left off with him. Can anyone clue me in?

Arild

Supporting Actor
He was last seen grieving Charlotte in 1974 as the group were first introduced to the Dharma folks. We don't know yet anything about what happened between then and his arrival with the sub in 1977.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Meh, I just hope that lost doesn't end the way this movie ended.
I will not be happy at all.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I haven't seen the movie, but I read the plot synopsis of it and it does seem to be different in the way it handles time travel from Lost.

In Lost, whatever happened, happens, no matter how much you try to change it. In Timecrimes, it seems that you must actively make sure that you repeat things exactly as they happened, or else you will really mess up the timeline and cease to exist.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Arild for the reminder on Faraday. And for those on the west coast... yes it was a pure clip show. Though they seem to have needed maybe another 5-10 minutes to catch us up to where we left off!

Anyways, with my forgetful noggin, these recaps are almost required viewing.

LarryH

Supporting Actor

Same here! I was getting used to the recap shows of the previous week's show when they discontinued that. I don't know if I could ever keep all this in my memory, but I just don't have the energy to try. I'm a real target for the inevitable book explaining it all when it's run its course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks