What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator
Another great episode for this superb season!

Just a couple observations:

There were a number of visual references to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I was very suspicious of Ilana once we saw her reaction as flight 316's passengers were getting tossed about the plane before it crash landed. Her demeanor was almost as if she had been through this before. After she asked Lapidus "the question" and then clocked him it was obvious she's not just another oblivious crash survivor. I'm wondering if she may be a part of the opposing forces in the upcoming "war."

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, and all I know is Alex - Tania Raymonde was looking mighty fine for a dead girl.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, we've now seen how Jack, Kate, Sayid, Locke and Ben got to the plane. We still need to see Hurley's and Sun's stories.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Now that we know that Ben is the one who stole Alex from Danielle, and that they had a conversation, I wonder how much she really knew about him when she captured him in her net waaay back in Season 2.

All she really said about him back then was "He IS one of them. He will lie to you."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if we're just supposed to assume that she's too crazy to really remember the encounter at all. Back in S1, she told Sayid that she hadn't seen anyone on the island (but she's heard them) and they showed that to be wrong. I'm sure the writers were aware of that info but just rationalize it by saying that she's crazy and it's effected her memory.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yeah, I thought Raiders as soon as Ben fell into that hole in the floor. The wavy lines in the hieroglyphs don't bother me because I've never thought that the island civilization is Egypt. I think it is Atlantis, which in the series would have influenced Egypt. (In the Lost universe Egypt could have been founded by survivors of Atlantis. In our world, of course, Atlantis was the literary creation of Plato. It makes no more sense to go looking for the "real" Atlantis than it would to seek a real-life original for Spiderman.)

I was half expecting to see Ben's face melt when the Monster had him. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

What war? This is not the first I am hearing of it in this thread. Do you guys have some specific info or is it one of those completely fabricated rumors that somehow become "conventional wisdom"?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

--
H

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It has been mentioned by people on the show that there is a war coming.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A few episodes back (in The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham), Widmore told Locke something along the lines of that there was a war coming to the island. I don't remember if it's been mentioned besides that though.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Sure there's a reason. It doesn't matter if it's really Locke, the smoke monster, or Miss Piggy. It only matters that the island needs Ben to think it's really Locke, and that he's not currently authorized to make command decisions.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Did we ever realize why the Dharma camp looked so run down? I forgot there was a small battle with the Widmore military in the camp, that is why it looks so torn up, not an alternate reality like was discussed.

Another great episode, and the bounty hunter is now a real player, but who is she?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The evidence of the Risk board still there where they abandoned it shows that no one has been there since the mercenaries attacked.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

Sure we have, this can be debunked unless they change it, which is highly unlikely. BOTH Locke and the "smoke monster" were seen together in season 1. In fact, it grabbed Locke and dragged him back to it's home/hole we saw that year with Jack in pursuit. Locke told Jack something like "It's OK, I'll be fine you can let me go." He knew from the very first season what this entity was like because if you recall, we saw him again when they arrived on the island stare straight into it and he said something like "I have looked into the heart of the island and it is beautiful." Locke sees beauty while others are in horror of it.

Why?

The answer is the "smoke monster" is not so much a monster as it is a reflection upon the person it is confronting. It acts as a mirror onto that person's soul and acts accordingly.

This is why Locke is not afraid of it from the very first season. Locke has given of himself his whole life and been taken advantage of. The "smoke monster" has no reason to harm him because Locke has acted in the best interest of others putting them before himself. He has killed on the island to protect both the island and it's people from harm too.

Now, someone like Kate would most likely come away unharmed too because she acted out of protecting her Mother from someone that was bad. However Sawyer if confronted by it would most certainly be turned to a pile of dust. He has always taken from others, been out for himself and even murdered the wrong guy out of vengeance. The "smoke monster" also judged Echo too when it appeared in the form of his brother and he knew he was a goner but prepared for it.

Hope that clears things up some.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Reading a page or two back, I didn't know Ethan was held in cyberspace as some kind of super-warrior, to the extent where some expect an explanation either. Too funny.

Generally, the Others have always demonstrated some seriously impressive combat skills. Even the meek Juliet become a cold blooded killer in 3 short years. Either they go through some kind of training, or something else happens to them, perhaps what Richard alluded would happen to Ben if the Island healed him.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks