What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
But really, just Anna Lucia, per Mikah's point.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

--
H

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Agreed. It was the worst gimmick the show has yet employed, and the worst example of "gotcha" TV yet.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I fully understand how and why people could be annoyed with the gimmick.

However, I saw it as a good way to show to the audience that from that point on, the show will be featuring flashbacks alongside flashforwards, and it'll be up to us to determine which is which. Sort of a "watch even MORE carefully, now" warning.

However, apparently even this didn't work, as there was still confusion over the events in "Ji Yeon," and perhaps that is why the current season has stating-the-obvious texts of "3 years later," to remind viewers that the Oceanic Six scenes are not contemporary with the island scenes (though you would think Locke being dead in the former, and alive in the later, would do the trick...).

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I thank them for stuff like "3 years later". There are a lot of plot threads to follow and including temporal and geographical travel into the mix ups the ante. I'm sure there are folks who consider this dumbing down, but I'm going with my own reaction here and saying I appreciate the occasional, "You are here."

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Same here -- very much appreciated. We have a vast array of characters in different time periods, and "the present" itself is completely unhinged. It is a wonder (and testament to the writing) that anything makes sense at all.

--
H

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but 3 years later from when?

When time is jumping all over the place '3 years later' is a pretty funny statement.

I actually said out loud "3 years later from when?"

Arild

Supporting Actor
From the scene immediately preceding the "three years later caption". ;)

Which so far has been when they were on the boat after being rescued in December 2004.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

really?

usually whenever you see 3 years later or 2 weeks later, whatever
from the moment the previous scene ended.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

LOL I got that I just find it funny that they're trying to tell us about a point in time when the show is all about jumping all around in time.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Great episode tonight, looks like I was right that Daniel was also originally from the island and didn't accidentally time travel back there somehow.

That was a great line by Christian/Jacob too: "When has listening to Ben ever gotten you anywhere?" :D

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The show is really in groove this season. Another great episode. Ben continues to split hairs and manipulate.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Poor Charlotte. I liked her Geronimo Jackson reference.

I guess it goes without saying but I assume that Ben's line about how he's protected the O6 and how "...you'd never stop thanking me" will recieve some follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks