What's new

Lost Season 4 DVD announced, lacking something important? (1 Viewer)

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Where are the mobisodes that led up to season 4. Maybe they are present just not mentioned. They really should be there, especially since they have decided to charge full price for a 14 episode boxset

Arild

Supporting Actor
I don't know about "should", but yeah, I was hoping they'd be included as well.

LCD22

Screenwriter

They really should be on the Season 4 set. The mobisodes were originally planned to be included in the Season 3 set, but due to contractual reasons with the various unions, they had to iron everything out (which is why we finally saw them before this season started).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Don't kill me, but what is a mobisode? Lost is my favorite show, but I'm not sure what a mobisode is!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't know what that term means either, so thanks for asking.

I own the first three seasons of Lost on DVD (7 + 7 + 8 discs); the eighth disc (for season three only) has about 15-20 minutes of 'extra' special features. I'd like to learn that these mobisodes are on one of those discs, but from what I'm reading here, they probably aren't included.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I'm surprised that people around here are not familiar with the term "mobisode". It is used to refer to very short episodes produced to be shown on cellular phone screens. They're like webisodes, only for cellular phones.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Thanks. The term was beyond my experience (until tonight). I don't own a cell phone, and have never seen nor heard of the term mobisode before this thread. Much appreciated. :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. Why on earth would I watch ANYTHING on my mobile phone screen? However, I agree that they should be on the DVDs if they contained any additional footage.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Good point. I may check them out. I've seen all of season three, but nothing from season four yet (by choice). I can't bring myself to watch the series on network television, for a variety of reasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have no interest in watching anything cellphone either but it was also available online and, most likely, they intend it to be on the S4 DVDs. In the end, the only difference I see between the mobisodes and the actual episodes is the length and the place where it was originally shown.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Or Walmart?

I sincerely hope they don't put these on this year's in-store exclusive discs.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I don't have a Verizon mobile phone, so I'm glad they decided to make it available online. ABC.com put up one each Monday leading up to the season four premiere. These never made into the series and they are as well-written, produced, and acted as the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks