What's new

Lost season 3 discussion.... (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Did you notice the photograph on the monk's desk? I believe he was with Ms. Hawking, the proprietor of the jewelry store-slash-Desmond's guide to the unknown.

It can't be average when we got a little bit of Kate in her unmentionables. :D I was a little surprised they showed her hand moving southward in the later sex scene. Seriously, though, I enjoyed the ep. I think the second half of season three has been very strong.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
So is the lady in the parachute supposed to be the girl Desmond dumped for the monastery? If so, it didn't look much like her, and it certainly wasn't Penny.

She knew his name whoever it was. Sorry this hotel TV I am watching does not have hi-def.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

No, I just noticed it when they first showed it, so I rewound my DVR. I'm not 100% sure it was her, but it sure looked like her to me. If there's anything to it, I'm sure a Lost fansite will have caps presently.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
The woman who they found in the jungle was no one that we have seen before. Just because she knew his name doesnt mean anything. If she was hired by Penny to go on a search for a guy in the middle of the Pacific, Penny obviously told her about who they were looking for and most likely a photo to go along with it.

What stumps me is this...so the camping party sees something splash down in the ocean, so why did they go in the jungle looking for surviors? I dont believe they showed anything idicating that they should go that direction, other than Desmond's flashbacks. I know they heard the copter in trouble but I dont think there was any indication of a crash.

Oh, geez...back to back week's of the same preview music. What is it from and is it on any soundtrack I can buy?:laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was a little confused by that as well, but they saw the helicopter spash down, and they saw the flashing beacon in the sky that they somehow knew indicated that the pilot had parachuted to safety. I don't know how you do that from just a few hundred feet in the air, though.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
NOT the same girl. The one Des dumped with the bad scottish, sometimes Irish accent (boy will I look foolish if it turns out she is, but I don't think so...) had blue eyes. The girl in the 'chute I'm preety sure had brown eyes.
Also Des' flashback showed a 'chite in the jungle for a second so that's what he was doing, trying to act out the flashback(forward?!?!)
I'm sure she was someone hired by Penny as she had the pic. with her of Des and Penny...

Decent ep. overall, (now we know why Des calls everyone "brother"... but a bit filler-y if you ask me. Where the hell is Locke and his "dad"...???

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
In the picture of Desmond and Penny that they found in the jungle, Penny sure looked like Juliet to me. I don't think it was but she did look like her.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
One thing I am thinking about...

The book was in Portugese and the woman in the tree looked like she could have been as well. Helicopters dont have much range. Does this mean the island is off the coast of portugal?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
What happened in this ep? Someone parachuted to the Island. That's all.

Did we need 57 shots of the arrow going thru Charlie's throat? I guess you need to fill the run time somehow.

Benefit of the doubt: The part of Desmond's background revealed in this episode may become relevant in the future. It still made for one duuuulll episode.

There are good filler episode. And then there is this.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks