What's new

Lost season 3 discussion.... (1 Viewer)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
:rolleyes:I.e. I have no real interest in the show about which this thread refers, but I'll drop in and say something crappy and baseless anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I answered the question (Yes, the buzz has died...) and explained my answer (the show just isn't as entertaining as it was when it started).

LOST used to be appointment television. Now it's fallen off that perch for me (along with a lot of other viewers, apparently, since it was regularly getting beat in the ratings by "Criminal Minds" this fall).

At least I was on topic (did you see that "24" tangent?).

Cheers! :)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hiya guys!

Thanks for the constructive answers. Sorry there were a few apparent threacraps and tangents in there. I was just curious because I remember even as recently as last summer/early fall, people (at work, family members etc...) were talking about LOST and it seemed to be everywhere. And this was during the break. Now I literally hear absolutely nothing about it. I hadn't even thought about it since the end of the 6 ep. arc. I asked my fiancee last nite and she thinks that splitting up the Losties into 2 groups (islands...) was a mistake. Also she just didn't think it was that good. It was ok but that damn cliffhanger just reeked of cheesy audience manipulation.
It's still very good TV and we will indeed be watching but they had better really knock it out of the park because I think the buzz is gone. And if so, S3 might be it. That might not be a bad thing either.

but what do I know...?

:)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
They started airing promos for the next episodes; they do look cool. However, I might just wait for the dvds and watch it all together.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Anybody else see the commercial with Jack in what looks like a dream sequence with a seriously sultry short haired Asian woman?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Lots of rolling around in a 4 poster bed in her underwear. Poor Matthew Fox.

What a life.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, with this show in particular, why would you think dream sequence when flashbacks are a consistent part of the story telling (unless that is what you meant)?

And yes, she looks hot. Kind of makes me want to go get a "massage". ;)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Don't know why people are suprised that the talk of Lost has slowed/stopped right now, the show hasn't been on for awile and there is only so much you can discuss. After season finalies we talk about it for a couple weeks and then forget about the show till a couple weeks before it re-airs. Maybe the show isn't as good, maybe it is the same and people just don't like the pace, we'll see. I agree that the break was stupid and should of ran it straight through like 24.

Once the show is back on people will be talking about it again.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Jack's appearance.
"French woman with an Eastern-European accent"
"My money was on purgatory"

Very funny. Thanks for that, Patrick.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
One week to new episodes! Not months from now but just one week! And then Survivor the next day. I don't know how I'll be able to stand it.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
A little word for all the naysayers out there....

I will be the first to admit that S3 has started a little sluggishly, but from everything I've read (which is a lot, as I'm a spoiler-seeker), I think there's going to be some really mind-blowing stuff coming up when the show resumes next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks