What's new

Lost season 3 discussion.... (1 Viewer)

Scotian.

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
QUOTE=Jason Harbaugh]It's funny, in the EW Lost insert this past week, there was a section by Stephen King who said that the 4-toed foot statue should never be brought up again. Personally I would like to know more about as well. :)[/quote]

Stephen King is a good one to be offering advice after the way he completely screwed up his own Dark Tower series. :angry:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I suspect the foot statue will never be explained, or perhaps "it was here when we got here" kind of thing. It simply adds to the island's mystery, just like the Easter Island heads that someone pointed out.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
After this interminable wait, you would think the Powers That Be would reward us with a 2-hour premiere hmmmm? Greedy bastards.

--
H

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
You talking about them or us? :laugh:

I'm pretty sure I have the season ender on disc. If I can get home early enough I'd like to watch it before the new ep.

LOST is back! Yea!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I have to do a comedy show tonight and I know that all I'm going to be thinking about is Lost and how much time I have left before I can go home and watch it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Damn, that's a helluva start to the new season...

Evangeline Lilly has been working out, her arms are pretty toned now.

Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) got new boobies.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but in typical LOST fashion, after that awesome opening, we're at the halfway point, and absolutely nothing of real interest has happened yet...

--
H

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So far the only thing that has happened is commercials.

In the first 35 minutes, there has been 15 minutes of commercials. Now I know why TV on DVD is getting so popular.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

WORD!

The number of ads is really astonishing and incredibly annoying - I just told the family that we will be recording this to the hard drive from here on and exercising the fast forward button.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If it weren't for Sawyer providing some laughs, the rest of this episode would have been very ho-hum with all the Jack's anguish over losing his Sarah for being the person he is not.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yes. Pretty dissapointing premiere. And no, extreme expectations have nothing to do with it. I can think of several episodes that pack more punch, and re-arrange the cards (which is what major epsiode like premieres, finales and 2 or 3 others are supposed to: kick the ant hill).

You know, a man of Jack's means can afford a PI to find out the ID of that guy in like 2 seconds. Heck, let's be cheap, instead of tailing daddy, why didn't he just tail wifey?

A weak and forgetable premiere after that amazing opener, I am sorry to say. Ugh.

--
H

Scotian.

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I watched the first two seasons over the last three weeks on DVD. Watching this season on network TV is going to be painful.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The opening was awesome, of course, when they first showed Henry I thought it was a Henry flashback.

I could have done without most of the Jack flashback though. Duller than dishwater.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I didn't like the Jack flashback either, but I thought it had been pretty much assumed by everyone that Jack's father slept with his wife anyway, and thats why he chose to call Ana Lucia "Sarah" so I was a little surprised when it turned out to not be the case.

Well, what took you so long then? I think I (re)watched the first two seasons over the past 5 days. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not a great episode (although the opening was flatout awesome) but I loved the disorientation of being in a new place and having no idea what was happening or who anyone really was. The stuff with Sawyer had a weird Planet Of The Apes vibe. All in all, I think this episode was a neccesary evil just so they could set up more of what's to come.

And as much as I wanted to see Locke, Eko, and Desmond, I thought it was pretty cool that they only focused on Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

As for the commercials, the show's run time is the same but they've got more commercial breaks now. ABC did the same thing to Alias and it's a total diservice to the show to have that many commercial breaks. I guess ABC was thinking "Hey, let's split the show up with even more commercial breaks. We'll only let them write 6 minute acts to make sure that when the audience gets interested, we'll take them out of the story by having a commercial." Great idea! :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah I really loved the stuff with Sawyer too, perfect example of operant conditioning, especially with his excited reaction once he figured it out too. I wonder if he was purposely put in there as a psychological test, or if they just had nowhere else to contain him. With regards to runtime, one of the more annoying things is when they extend the show an extra minute (like tonight) but the show is the same runtime as always, with an extra minute of commercials.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Thats exactly what I was thinking...Especially with the music playing as he was being dragged back to the cage.

Elizabeth Mitchell looking as hot as ever. ;)

Finally, when she called Henry "Ben" outside of the cel...Henry looked from a distance like Kim Jong Il. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks