What's new

Lost Season 2 sound problems? (1 Viewer)

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill Robertson
Apologies if someone has posted this already but I couldn't find any threads when I searched earlier.

I bought my wife the Lost Season 1 & 2 box set for Christmas. Season 1 was fine and we recently started working our way through season 2. However, I've notced that on several episodes the sound for the first 30 seconds or so is gone (right where you'd expect to hear "previously on Lost...") then the sound cuts back in. This is the R2 version.

Is this a known problem or just a glitch in my set?

Over to you folks...

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Not sure if it applies in these cases, but the loss of the first few seconds of audio is a problem with the Oppo player that hasn't been corrected yet.

The only way to avoid it is hitting stop just as the menu transitions to the episode. Then hit play and it starts fine.

Perhaps this is also a problem with other players.

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill Robertson
Thanks for the feedback - sounds like an issue with my Philips dvd player rather than a problem with the disc. I will give the solutions listed a try and see what happens. Its not a major hassle to tell the truth - more annoying than anything else.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I didn't notice any sound issues when I watched this set late last year, before Season 3 began...of course, I'm moderately to severely deaf in both ears...and I use a Sony PS2 as my DVD player. Not exactly the fanciest DVD player out there...but it works just fine for all of my DVDs that I've tried playing thus far! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks