What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I liked it too. Still, I want to know what happens next. And the montage that took up the last 5 minutes was pretty cheesey.

Just a question. Was the spy "from Canada" or was it Nathan who was Canadian? If it was the spy, we have some evil Canadians/bitter ex-US Army guys in the Jungle. :D

It's good to know that the show won't be pre-empted next week by that music thing.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The Army guy didn't show the same type of super strength or fighting skill that Ethan showed earlier, maybe he wasn't a true "other"

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Right here. :D

Pretty big waste of an hour. It didn't tell me anything that I didn't know, or could figure out from the information that we had. I even figured out who the traitor was pretty early.

Considering how enamored this show is with flashbacks, this seemed to be a prime candidate, since the other survivors probably should hear the story as well.

Jason

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

Like how Jin was found, how he ran from the tailenders and found Sawyer and Michael, and the shooting of Shannon from Ana-lucia's perspective. I thought the integration of the last few "days" in a few minutes was done effectively and efficiently.

Maybe its my perspective but it seems the "extended episode" was just padded my extra commercials during the last break. Curious to know the timing of the actual show sans commercials.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

And the extra 4 minutes consists almost entirely of material we've already seen. If they'd found Jin right before the final commercial break, it could've been a regular length episode.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Dr. Mike Burton!

I liked this episode ok it wasn't really necessary but it was interesting. Michelle Rodriguez annoys the hell out of me though but she pulls off a tank top well. Hehe

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

What book is that, "Low Expectations"? ;)

We didn't learn anything that wasn't already described or shown previously. It was just a fluffy filler episode.

The reveal of the spy was extremely lame: "You came running out of the jungle 10 minutes after the crash. You weren't even wet...you were never IN the ocean." Bernard wasn't wet and was never IN the ocean either. Is she going to kill him next? If Bernard was thrown clear, others could have been as well.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Episodes like this one are the reason I tape or watch Lost every week. I've been somewhat disappointed this year, but not this week. I may have to come up with a new viewing strategy, though. Perhaps I should just save episodes until just after sweeps, then do a marathon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
we found out ecxactly what was said on the other end, when boone was in the tree plane on the radio, and who said it.

we're the survivors of flight 815!

RobertW

Supporting Actor
now didn't ana lucia only have one bullet in the gun?

but in the preview for next week, they show her firing it in broad daylight. so just how was shannon killed?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Ana's gun, it's all speculation butsince they made a point of saying how there was 1 bullet left in the gun (which I believe was the first time they stated exactly how many bullets were left), I doubt it's a continuity error. Ana may have another 'secret' clip hidden in her sock or some other cop out but since they just specifically stated an episode ago how many bullets are left, I doubt they've messed up. Or maybe it's a different gun (Sayid's maybe) all together.

By the way, this was another great episode (especially the teaser). This is easily one of the best shows on television in years!

Van Patton

Second Unit
Did anybody see the white car that drove by far in the distance when Ana and "the other" were sitting on top of the ridge? Talk about a visual flaw the editors missed. Of course I viewed the show on a 50" HDTV DLP Sammy at my friend's house so this may not have been noticable in SD.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I'm in the middle with this ep. I'm not as gung ho about it as some but I don't think it was a total waste either. I was sort of hoping for a little more softness from Ana Lucia, but I guess that's a lot to ask for one ep covering 48 days and where she basically has to toughen up from day two.

David Rosen

Agent

I had a problem with that as well. Then again, considering that the end of the plane ended up on one side of the island, the middle on the other, and the front of the plane somehow in the middle of the two, I think that the writers are asking for a bit of a leap of faith and to stretch reality just a little bit.[/dripping sarcasm]

On another note, didn't Jin see a teddy bear when he saw the feet of the Others? It looked a lot like the teddy bear that the little boy had at the beginning of the episode. Any speculations on that?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Well, we know that the kids were taken by the Others. I assume the kids are walking around with the Others now. Although, when the Others walked by Jin, we didn't see anyone who could have possibly been Walt, did we?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks