What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (2 Viewers)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I heard someone say they think it's (the whole show) a SIMS video game type deal and that's why we see some weird things show up sometimes..like the polar bear etc...

Just another theory...

Loved the premiere! Glad I Tivo'd it!! Multiple viewings may be needed!

:)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Any one else think the hatch leads to some sort of biosphere type experiment? The inhabitants are 'quarantined' from the outside world in order to prove they can exist in a closed environment with no outside assistance.

That's what it looked like to me, a biosphere type experiment that went awry.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
On the Destination Lost show the back cover of the comic book looked to be blurred out. Was it that way when the ep. orig. aired?

There's at least one more entrance/exit to the bunker, there's no way he lugged those Kenmores down that shaft. :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If it wasn't already done. I would say this show is like the comic/tv show Harsh Realm.
Here is the synopsis of the Harsh Realm tv show...

The show is available on dvd and was produced by X-Files creator Chris Carter. Also, Santiago was played by Locke himself..Terry O'Quinn.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
That was a good episode but I definitely agree with some previous posters that this episode should've been the season finale, not the first episode of the new season. Or at least they should have shown the (brilliant) teaser as a part of the season one finale as someone suggested.

This got me excited again, just like the pilot did a year back. I'm just afraid they can't keep the momentum going for long... But some questions answered and that's good.

I'm almost convinced that all the flashbacks the people are having never really happened but are instead produces by nanites
and just feel like real memories... Maybe they are not who they think they are.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
For those who tivo'd the Lost premiere...

Can you figure this out - upon waking up to the sound of blinking cursor of the Apple II, Desmond steps quickly to the keyboard as if urgent, types something, and hits the 'execute' key.

Has it been determined (on the other boards) what he typed?

After this episode, I'm getting a hint of M. Night's The Village vibe here.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Look folks...

Let's be thankful that they actually took the time to shake things up and actually show us the hatch and take characters down into it...

You know...as well as I do...that they could have spent the next five episodes trying to open "another door" at the bottom of the shaft.

I know what all the cynics are thinking, they are thinking: "These writers have no idea what is going on, they are simply making up a bunch of stuff as they go and throwing out a bunch of red herrings."

I am sure that some of that goes on, but you have to give them credit for actually showing you what is in the hatch.

On the washer and dryers...

I am not sure they were meant to look "modern"...

The new Maytag "front loading" washer and dryers look pretty "retro" in their design. They look like those large capacity washers and dryers that you seen in laundromats everywhere. I could be wrong, of course...

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

I tried to figure it out, but his hands are "cut off" at the bottom of the screen during those shots at the beginning.

Here is what I got, though: 3 (space) ~ (space) 3 (space) ~ (space)
4 (space) 1 (execute)

mylan

Screenwriter
Did anyone have the same problem (if you could call it that!)of commercial sound dropout? I have charter HD cable with the Moxi DVR, running D.D. 5.1 through my receiver. The show sounded awesome but when it cut to commercial I got very light audio on most every commercial except for the station I.D.s and a Mercedes ad.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Yeah, like others who have surmised, Desmond is not quite living the so hermetically sealed existence in the bunker. While the archaic lava lamps, record player, music, and Apple II suggest an infrequent exchange with his contemporaries, Desmond's life is not so monastic, evident by the modern amenities (front-loading washer/dryer, newer/squatter bottle of Era, garbage can, etc.).

And let's not gloss over the introduction of 'quarantine' stamped on the inside of the hatch.

If you examine the word 'quarantine', in most dictionaries, the following appears to be the integral component of the definition:

enforced isolation

It's not Desmond that's under this edict (since the warning is stamped on the inside of the hatch).

So it's either the Others, or the survivors. If the survivors, have the significant events been mapped out (belying the claims of the show's creators...'one script at a time'), such as the plane crash?

If the Others,...well anything goes.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Also, considering he met Jack earlier, he either hasn't been in there that long, or he has the ability to come and go. I'm thinking the latter.

Jason

EricW

Senior HTF Member

no way. :) i like the simpleness of the first season dealing with the top of the island, the second season adding the underneath, maybe the third will deal with the surrounding waters?

i love the final shot of the season with the camera doing a reverse angle into the shaft.

although it might have been better if they didn't show the Others-taking-the-boy from the season finale, and put it in this episode.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Jonny, I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that they're Maytags.

A little scrutiny and it appears that both washer & dryer are of the Whirlpool Duet ilk (down to the buttons, knobs, & handles).

And what's with the key on the loop near the end...the one in which Jack (the show) focuses on as he nears the biosphere?

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Ah ha, Jason. Perhaps Desmond was scouting for robust candidates for this grand experiment.

Quick, those with copies of the 1st season...see if you can spot Desmond lurking in the background of all of the flashbacks.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I don't think this episode really answered anything so much as gave us gave us some major new clues. We can infer from these clues that the Others aren't limited to the island, and have been watching the castaway for years. Oh, and reversing paralysis is a simple trick for them.

We also get a new number -- on the mural in the tunnel, there's a big red "108" (which happens to be the sum of 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42).

Does anyone remember those clues that were floating around over the summer -- that what's down the hatch can be known by both a three and seven letter word, etc? I suppose Des/Desmond might be the answer, but I don't think it fits all the clues. So what else could it be?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Not sure what you are asking here. The key opens the haliburton case where the handguns are kept. Jack keeps it around his neck so that the guns are safe. I think it levitates just to show there is something generating a strong magnetic field inside the corridor to the biosphere. I didn't pick up anything beyond that.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
DesmonD and MaN and the computer that you see every day were the answers to those Eonline riddles.

I don't think Desmond is a other. I think he's from another group.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks