What's new

Lost Season 1 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I didn't see this yet, but I was wondering about something. Don't jets have GPS transponders that locate downed aircraft? Seem like in this day and age, the wreckage would be located within days,no matter how far they drifted off course.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

You haven't even seen the complete pilot and you've already made up your mind? From what I have read this is far than a Monster show, its about the characters and their secrets. Ashame you wont get to see if it is.
What will you be watching instead?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
THe engine seemed to still be attached to the wing, which was attached to the fuselage, so the fuel line could be intact, but don't those things have fail-safes that would shut them down?

I'm thinking whatever's on the island is what made them crash in the first place. And possibly let some of them survive. We'll find out when its nature is revealed.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't too thrilled by this either. It was okay, and I'll give it another episode, but it isn't on my "I gotta tune in!" schedule right now. If a good ball game is on at the same time, I'll be watching the game instead.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator

IIRC, the pilot they found in the cockpit mentioned that they eventually lost all communications on the flight (can't remember if he said all instruments or not). And, the transeiver was also not working correctly. I imagine that whatever is out in the jungle, or the very nature of the island, is causing interference with communications, which would make the GPS unit worthless. Of course, pure speculation on my part as I have only seen the first half of the pilot like many of the rest of us.

Brett_E

Agent
I thought this episode was good and shows great potential. Was anybody else reminded of the old SciFi classic Forbidden Planet while watching it? I REALLY hope they do not show the thing terrorizing the survivors. At the very most give us brief, blurred images. Our own imaginations will do the rest.

I have not read any of the spoilers so I eagerly await the next episode.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
Reading another site forum subject on this show, it's NOT a dinosaur or monster, and Abrams is is on record as saying that everything that will happen on this show is scientifically possible. So it shouldn't be any monsters or Godzilla or anything like that..but what could be THAT big? I can only think of maybe elephants, but man those elephants would have to be really pissed off! And how in the world were those people chased closely by whatever it was, even looking back at it..and not see it?

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoyed this a lot, and it smoked the competition in the ratings getting a 11.6! Good for J.J.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was looking forward to this show (well, as much as you can look forward to a major network TV show), but was pretty disappointed. Not sure if I'll be tuning in again. I thought the writing was weak and the acting was weaker. I guess I was looking more for a character driven show than just another run-of-the-mill action show that it seemed to end up being.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Ya this annoyed me, you definately have to have a high suspension of disbelief. I'm not too thrilled about this 'monster' concept but I will be tuning in for a few more episodes to see where it goes.

Also, I'm not sure if I will be able to handle so many annoying characters. Hopefully some start dying real soon :).

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator

I thought Jack, Kate and Charlie were very appealing. Obviously they are going to be the leads. I thought only 1 character was truly annoying, obviously the young blond who is sure they will be resued soon. The Asian man's selfishness is unlikable but not annoying.

WIth Abrams, I've learned to suspend disbelief and just enjoy some good action packed cliff hanger fun. But there is a ton of room for character here, and I thought the acting was a lot better than the average network show. It was fun seeing various Alias actors and is is just me, or does Mathew Fox, with his shaved head, look like a weird cross of Vaughn from Alias and Adam Sandler?

Looking forward to part 2.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
The Asian guy's selfishness is well founded IMO. In a potentially volatile situation you do not want to stick out and be the "the other". He is right to be drawing the line in the sand. Some good potential with a lot of the characters here.

ot

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Forgot to mention before that it's good to see Daniel Dae Kim get a regular role. I loved his reoccuring work on 24, Enterprise and Angel and I know that roles for Asian men who aren't martial arts masters are minimal.

I'm guessing he and his wife don't speak English and won't be able to communicate with the other survivors.

SarahG

Second Unit
I thought the asian man and his wife were interesting. Have yet to figure them out though. Your theory is sound though. What about the man with the orange peel in his mouth? this was really good....loved the opening scene in addition to all the unique characters...

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
So was the pilot Weis (sp?) from Alias? I swear it was, but he was so beaten up I couldn't tell for sure.

I enjoyed the show enough to catch it Wednesday to see how it pushes on. It's interesting seeing "Tess" from Roswell. Wonder how her storyline (pregnant and all) will work out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Where's her character supposed to be from? Emilie de Ravin's Australian, but her accent seemed to jump back and forth between American and Aussie last night.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Yes it was. I was reading in this weeks TV guide that JJ and Weiss were friends since the age of 8. His goodluck charm apparently since he was in Felicity as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks