What's new

Lost My Spell Check For Existing HTF Topics & Some Other Forums On Google Chrome Browser! (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
In posting this, I feel it important to note that I did previously have an issue a little while back regarding the disappearance of my spell check feature for ALL Forums, that turned out to be a spell check check box that I had to checkmark within one of the Advanced Chrome settings, in order to fix.

However, I started noticed problems again yesterday, only this time the appearance/non appearance of spell check is of an inconsistent nature on my Google Chrome Browser. Within some Forums, it appears, and on some Forums, it doesn't. Even more perplexing to me, is that while the spell check is NOT appearing when I enter a post on an existing HTF Topic, it IS appearing as I type within this Topic that I'm creating!

I've already eliminated the possibility of an unchecked spell check option within my Google Chrome Tools, so I have NO idea what might be causing my issues this time around?

Any suggestions?

Tony

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Tony,

I'm sad to say this issue is something on your end. Spell check is not something we can disable/control via our script.

Sorry!

Dave

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Dave Upton said:
Tony,

I'm sad to say this issue is something on your end. Spell check is not something we can disable/control via our script.

Sorry!

Dave
Hi Dave!

I was afraid of that. It does appear that the problem lies with my Google Chrome Browser! I'll have to check my settings, again.

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Tony Bensley said:
In posting this, I feel it important to note that I did previously have an issue a little while back regarding the disappearance of my spell check feature for ALL Forums, that turned out to be a spell check check box that I had to checkmark within one of the Advanced Chrome settings, in order to fix.

However, I started noticed problems again yesterday, only this time the appearance/non appearance of spell check is of an inconsistent nature on my Google Chrome Browser. Within some Forums, it appears, and on some Forums, it doesn't. Even more perplexing to me, is that while the spell check is NOT appearing when I enter a post on an existing HTF Topic, it IS appearing as I type within this Topic that I'm creating!

I've already eliminated the possibility of an unchecked spell check option within my Google Chrome Tools, so I have NO idea what might be causing my issues this time around?

Any suggestions?

Tony

That's odd. We don't have spell check on the site, its a function of your browser. All I can suggest is clearing your cache and trying again.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Adam Gregorich said:
That's odd. We don't have spell check on the site, its a function of your browser. All I can suggest is clearing your cache and trying again.
Hi Adam!

Regarding my Google Chrome Browser, I suspect part of the problem might have been having multiple English versions within the tolls option. I was able to "X" out the one that didn't provide a check box option for letting a web service perform spell check, which seems to have helped. The really weird thing though, is when I use IE for HTF, certain incorrect spelling combos will trigger the red underlining that doesn't occur on Google Chrome, though certain misspellings do currently trigger it on Google Chrome, if that makes any sense!

All in all, it's rather confusing to me, but so it goes! At least now, my GC spellcheck is functioning better than it did earlier!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread