What's new

Lost multi region after XP update!!!! (1 Viewer)

Neil T

Auditioning
I installed a fresh install of Win XP Pro a while ago on two machines and using either Region killer or DVD genie had no problems running any region.

Recently I tried to run a region 1 disc which I hadn't done for a while to find that Power DVD XP kept asking me to change the region on the player.

A friend reckons that this happens if you download the XP media player update for snow white fix. I have located this update and removed it but still can't get DVD genie or region killer to work!

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated guys

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Did you flash the DVD-ROM player? Try flashing the player with a RPC-1 version of the firmware... although why you didnt have to do this before, I dont know... to the best of my knowledge, I dont believe XP has any additional region protection other than what the software player has, and what the DVD-ROM has.

Remember, DVD Genie only resets the software players' Region protection. For Power DVD (and I assume all other players), this is a value that is stored in the registry. You can also reset this manually. Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECyberLinkPowerDVD. You will see a value called "RPC" followed by a hex number. You can simply change this number to switch regions (as many times as you want). This is what DVD Genie does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks