What's new

Lost In Translation coming to DVD Feb 3rd (plus Thrid Wheel, why no US listings?) (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. One of the few Canadian covers that's superior to the US one, despite being bilingual. Far From Heaven is the only other one I know. I may have to get the Canadian version.

That DTS track will come in handy when Bob and Charlotte have that shootout and that building explodes
Well, there was a "shootout" in the movie. I don't remember any explosions though. :)

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
That Canadian art is fantastic. As a graphic designer, it's depressing to see the crap that comes out of these studios in the way of cover art.

Pete Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I bet the main reason for the American cover is the Oscars. Votes are due on February 24. It seems like Focus expects "Lost In Translation" will get lots of nominations and intends to use the marketing of the DVD to push for every last vote. I don't know if that's any consolation for the cover's ugliness...

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
This movie was absolutely amazing. I'll be picking this one up on release! (That US cover sure is fugly :) )

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator

I saw Lost in Translation at the
Vienna Film Festival a few month back.
Sofia came on stage to introduce the film to
the audience, which made it one of my
greatest film experiences ever.

PS: what a fantastic DVD cover design *lol*

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Superb film, and in my top 3 for certain. And I think the ending will be considered one of the greatest moments in film given enough time.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Come on! That's three films from Universal with great covers in Canada and crap in the US (Far From Heaven, The Pianist too). Sucky.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
If this is answered above, I apologize for the duplication here......

But does anyone have the foggiest what THIS is??

Shows a "2000" production date. ????

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Bundle with The Virgin Suicides or something? I couldn't match up a 2000 movie with Lost in Translation, but maybe that would be it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
(That US cover sure is fugly )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that cover didn't just fall off the ugly tree, it hit every branch on the way down!
...and then the tree fell over on top of it.

Do the people who are designing these covers have any artistic ability at all?
"Let's just stick some ugly ass white band of text across the front...you'll see, everyone LOVES having review blurbs splashed across the cover!" :rolleyes

Bruce

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Is it known whether the Canadian release is the same or inferior/superior to the US release? Because I'm going to order a couple of DVDs of this for myself and friends from a Canadian etailer to get a decent cover.

Thanks,

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks