What's new

Lost In Translation coming to DVD Feb 3rd (plus Thrid Wheel, why no US listings?) (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
This looks like an interesting purchase to me, not a mojor release but has hung around the bottom end on the Box Office Top 10 for the last couple of months which usually shows a film is worth seeing as the ticket sales come from word of mouth rather than a big advertising budget.

It will have to be on my growing list of films to see in the new year.

__________________________________________________ __________
Another film I'm considering seeing is Third Wheel, starring Denise Richards, Ben Affleck & Luke Wilson, due out Dec 30th but I'm confused why only Canadian sites have this listed so far, any ideas?

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
It was an amazing film, with great performances by both of the leads. A painfully realistic, emotional film, well worth watching.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Wasn't there talk of it being an Oscar contender? It's supposedly the best performance Bill Murray has ever done. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm curious...

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
THe movie was AMAZING! I could see Oscar noms in its future. And I agree that it is Bill Murray's best performance, not funniest, but best.
I will definitely be picking up this title!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
It's the best film I've seen so far this year, Bill Murray gives an amazing performance, funny and emotionally affecting at the same time. I'm definitely picking the DVD up!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I wanted to see this so bad, but it never showed anywhere near me. I'll be picking this up as soon as it comes out.

R. Kay

Second Unit
Highly overrated.

Couple of walkouts in the theatre I watched it in as well.

LOVE Bill Murray, but the movie wasnt anywhere near great.

Tom June

Agent
Saw this in the theatres. Thought it was a fantasitc film. I look forward to the DVD release greatly. Hopefully we'll get a commentary w/Coppola, Murray and Johannsen(sp?).

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic movie. It's in my top 5 of the year and will more than likely stay there. Top-notch performances by Bill Murray and Scarlett Johannson. I think this will be a contender at the Academy Awards.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Hopefully we'll get a commentary w/Coppola, Murray and Johansson
I remember reading a interview with Coppola saying that she would not do an audio commentary. :frowning:

Well this is a definite must buy for me. It's my 2nd favorite film of the year. I think the reason everyone loves it is the fact that it just kind of struck a very personal and chord inside everyone. It just seemed so real. Anyone who's ever felt anything for anybody could easily be touched by this movie in a way unlike anything else. It's almost too real to be comfortable.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Translation is a fantastic movie. If Murray doesn't win Best Actor...it willl be on the same level as Gene Hackman not getting nominated for Tenenbaums, and Traffic not winning Best Pic. This is a must buy for me.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the film, but I still believe Murray's best performances are in "Rushmore" and "Groundhog Day". This was still a very good movie and I'd compare the filmmaking style to PT Anderson's in "Punch Drunk Love"; however, the movie is not dark comedy. It's got a great resolution that does nothing to cheapen the events in the film that lead up to it.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I really don't understand why this movie didn't get a wider release. It never came within 90 miles of my city. Oh well...luckily I won't have to wait too long to see it on DVD.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
The cover art for this is up at thedigitalbits.com The giant quote syndrome strikes again. Why couldnt' they use they beautiful poster art.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Here are the specs:

Extras will include the Found in Conversation featurette with Bill Murray and director Sofia Coppola, deleted scenes, and an extended scene ("Matthew's Best Hit TV"
:frowning: It seems slightly thin. DVDfile is reporting it will include DD and DTS tracks. That DTS track will come in handy when Bob and Charlotte have that shootout and that building explodes :confused: . I would have taken a commentary over the extra track any day.

And yes, the current cover art is wretched. Universal should have Mulholland Drived it and had two separate covers with the original poster art. One with Bob and one with Charlotte.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks