What's new

Lost In Space: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
bigshot said:
Which episode is the one with the chimp with the colander hat? That is the first one I want to watch.
You can find Debbie, the Bloop, in a number of first season episodes, with lesser appearances as the series wears on. For sure, she appears in the unaired pilot.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
My favorite episode with Debbie the Bloop was "The Magic Mirror" (featuring guest star Michael J. Pollard). Thought it was a great episode for Angela Cartwright also, where Angela got to show her acting chops.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Got my confirmation of the $69.99 deal being honored and my set has shipped! Haven't seen the show since it first aired so I'm looking forward to revisiting it.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
FYI, email shipping confirmation contains tracking info. According to it, my order was shipped UPS ground from Knoxville TN around 11 PM last night, projected delivery date (to the South Jersey shore) is Monday. Harry, I bet you will have shipping info in your email this AM.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah got my notification last evening. It should arrive in plenty of time to watch the network version of The Reluctant Stowaway on the actual 50th anniversary.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
JohnMor said:
Got my confirmation of the $69.99 deal being honored and my set has shipped! Haven't seen the show since it first aired so I'm looking forward to revisiting it.

If you really haven't seen any of it for 50 years I'd be prepared for a shock. I'd skip season 2 and watch season 3 first or you'll never make it.

I've loved the show since 1968 but I've rewatched many episodes many times over the years so I've grown up allowing for its failings.

Unlike Star Trek I think LIS relies a lot on nostalgia and familiarity with the characters.

I don't think the majority of episodes standup to adult scrutiny.

Many are painfully dreadful but there are enough for me ( mostly in season 1 and 3) that combine nostalgia and some great situations to make this purchase essential and I'm in the UK so I'm paying $130 + postage + customs so I must love it.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
turtledove said:
If you really haven't seen any of it for 50 years I'd be prepared for a shock. I'd skip season 2 and watch season 3 first or you'll never make it.

I've loved the show since 1968 but I've rewatched many episodes many times over the years so I've grown up allowing for its failings.

Unlike Star Trek I think LIS relies a lot on nostalgia and familiarity with the characters.

I don't think the majority of episodes standup to adult scrutiny.

Many are painfully dreadful but there are enough for me ( mostly in season 1 and 3) that combine nostalgia and some great situations to make this purchase essential and I'm in the UK so I'm paying $130 + postage + customs so I must love it.

That's cool. I'm prepared to possibly be disappointed in it from an adult viewer standpoint. But I'm usually pretty good at seeing a show for what it was and the time it was made, as well as the nostalgia factor for my childhood. And of course, for the price I got, I'm not going to complain. But thanks for the heads-up! If I find S2 a slog, I will definitely skip ahead to 3.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I was beginning to wonder, but I received a shipping confirmation email this evening. Wonder how long UPS Ground is to South Florida?

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Jerseydevil said:
Go to the UPS tracking website and enter your tracking number it gives you the delivery date

I tried that, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll keep checking back on it.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
JohnMor said:
That's cool. I'm prepared to possibly be disappointed in it from an adult viewer standpoint. But I'm usually pretty good at seeing a show for what it was and the time it was made, as well as the nostalgia factor for my childhood. And of course, for the price I got, I'm not going to complain. But thanks for the heads-up! If I find S2 a slog, I will definitely skip ahead to 3.

You could have a look at some reviews of the seasons as that might give you an idea what to expect.

As with Man from Uncle season 3 the second season of Lost In Space was "Batmanised" and while very colorful and enjoyable in places literally loses the plot. But if you can get all the way through Space Vikings ( amongst other OTT episodes) then you might survive season 2.

For me , season 3 has some of the best episodes but also some very dodgy ones - The Great Vegetable Rebellion is fortunately near the end but Target Earth, The Anti Matter Man and a good many other season 3 episodes are a joy to watch.

Silly as it may seem , one of the highlights of this upcoming release for me are the season 3 "next week" trailers being put back in their proper place as they really are the highlight of some of the lesser episodes. The dvd's just don't play right without them in their correct place.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
For anyone on the fence about whether or not they'd like the show or can't remember what it's like, if you're in the USA and can stream video, then check out Hulu. Every episodes is there on the free side of Hulu.com

Harry

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I actually prefer the goofiness of the later episodes. When I was a kid I liked things more "serious"... I wanted stern faces and no fun. Today, I like the last season of Star Trek and that wonderful vegetable episode of Lost in Space. I even prefer the Munsters to the Addams Family now. I've mellowed and gotten more jolly in my old age!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks