What's new

Lost In Space Season II RUMOR (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Not sure how you're getting this "sweeter deal". From your link list price on S1 was $79.98 US, 99.98 Canadian. US fans are getting basically the same deal - $10 per disc ($80 for 8 vs. $40 for 4).

Our Canadian friends are not faring quite so well. Assuming the 2nd volume is priced the same, they'll pay $109.96 for the 2 S2 volumes vs. $99.98 for S1.

Note that I'm not complaining - I thought the S1 price was VERY reasonable for 8 discs, and S2 is going to end up costing the same. If I was in Canada, however, I might be a bit disgruntled...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Season 1:
* 1476 Minutes
* $79.98 (US$), $99.98 (CAN$)
* 5.4 Cents per minute (US$), $0.068/minute (CAN$)

Season 2, Volume 1:
* 815 Minutes
* $39.98 (US$), $54.98 (CAN$)
* 4.9 Cents per minute (US$), $0.067/minute (CAN$)

Less money per minute of presentation, based on the SRP. Better deal. Simple as that.

It's the minutes that matter. The disc count is beside-the-point. If somone offered to sell you 3 discs with 3 hours of your favorite show for $10, and 1 disc with 3.5 hours of your favorite show for $10, and everything else was equal (quality, extras, etc.), then which would you buy?

It's possible that S2,V2 will balance it out in Fox's favor, I don't know. Pricing hasn't been announced for that and I'm not assuming anything. But Peter Staddon said back in May, and I quote, "The combined pricepoints of volumes 1 and 2 should be pretty close to the pricepoint of Season 1, we are not trying to make 1 + 1 = 3 here." People have basically called him a liar and outright said that they don't believe him. Well, I do.

Oh, and the supplement that would have been seen on a "complete 2nd season" release? Never fear; Smith is here! You'll almost certainly find it on S2, V2.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Just to be clear, I absolutely trust Peter. I don't believe Fox is out to screw us, they're just trying to find a way to get the product out. My earlier posts in this thread will back that up. I think, in the end we're going to pay about the same for S2 as we did for S1, which is fine, especially since I always thought S1 was a bargain.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm just elated to know I'll be able to own these episodes on DVD. That's all I care about, whether it winds up costing me $10 more, $10 less, or precisely the same as Season One in the long run.

I'm currently having a blast watching one episode from Season One every Sunday morning, and enjoying those "continued Next Week" cliffhangers.

Let Us Rejoice ---- please?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Joe you doing exactly what I'm doing I don't know why but the series plays great on Sunday morning, maybe bacause it played their alot when I was a kid. I follow that up with the Latest Time Tunnel episode Tivoed from Starz Action

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I used to see LIS on Sunday mornings on TBS. But I mostly grew up with it in reruns in the afternoons after school, around 4 pm or so.

Yes, I do think this show generally plays nicely in the AM, though.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
For me it was the exact opposite it was on in the mornings from 7am to 8am. I used to always have to miss the last 15 min to catch the bus, but I would hang till the last possible minute and sometimes miss that bus and I can remember being late to school a few times cause of this, to the dismay of my parents.

Ah..memories...

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm a casual fan of LiS and have been considering picking up s1. With s2 coming out, perhaps I'll finally take the plunge. Of course, we'd all rather have the seasons come out in a single volume, but better 2 volumes than none at all. I most certainly appreciate Mr. Staddon's posts and information in this thread. It's great to hear some information instead of just rumors.

Now, if only we can get Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea on DVD!!! I'd buy 2 or 3 sets of each season myself just to ensure it's success. :D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Can anyone confirm if this is going to be released as a whole Season 2 in the UK?
I still think splitting it up is really poor idea on FOX's part.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Okay, now that so many of us LIS fans were eager for the rest of this series to come to DVD, has anyone else besides myself picked up SEASON 2, VOL. 1, in R1? I've watched a few episodes already and am having a great time with it. Very satisfied, split season set or not. Yesssirree.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I received it from Amazon but I have a few eps to finish in Season 1 before I get to season 2. I love hoe the Robot started getting more of a personality in the end of Season 1, he comes out with some great Repartee. I put the Robot and Dr. Smith up there with Spock and Mccoy for good banter !

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
It appears to be selling extremely well at my Best Buy store. There were something like 30 boxes on the shelf last Tuesday, and only 8 remaining there, less than a week later. I think that making the set split encourages casual buyers to take a chance where they wouldn't necessarily bite for a $60 full-season box (I know I wouldn't unless I knew the show).

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I bought it last week and got through all 16 episodes in four days. You can really see the quality of the show go downhill rapidly. As far as I was concerned every episode after #5, with the flashbacks to the excellent first two episodes, was really painful to watch.

That said I will buy Volume 2 because I want the entire series released, and I want all episodes.

Received last friday and sadly only 2 episodes left to watch!!
If you don´t take it too seriously it´s great fun.

I don´t think the story lines or plot are worst than on Season 1, it´s simply a bit different more on the comical side, and in colour it´s quite a psychedelic experience, watching some episodes!
Can´t whait for second part of season 2.

And please dear people of Fox.tv if your reading this be kind and, tell us if there are any plans for releasing other I. Allen tv series, specially Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Regards

Thanks!!

marcus_h

Agent
Ok, so...what do people think about the video quality of these episodes. Every episode on season 2 volume 1 had very visible and annoying horizontal scan lines in them. I was sort of disappointed by the quality since it is a show that I love.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks