What's new

Lost in Space on Netflix (1 Viewer)

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I keep an eye out for every Netflix original now, after the hack stuff that is making its way onto regular pay tv now...

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I hope this will still be a fun (not silly) show. I'm not encouraged by the "aren't we important" slow motion walk down the ramp and montage. I want some fun escapism TV. Everything can't be deadly serious.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Here's what Bill Mumy says about it: "Gonna be Boss! I’ve seen it. The new series is truly in the “mood” of the original classic first few episodes of “my” Lost in Space. The cast, crew and creative team are all terrific. Thanks especially to Kevin Burns for staying on top of it all for so many years and sticking to his vision. I strongly suggest you check the new series out with open minds and open hearts, cuz it has heart!"

Last edited:

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The fun of Dr. Smith is in the character, not the gender.
Menacing
ss3567252_-_photograph_of_jonathan_harris_as_dr_zachary_smith_from_lost_in_space_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__86858__19086.1394504649.450.659.jpg
Or playful
DrSmith_Oh_the_Pain.jpg

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm usually not a fan of TV remakes but was surprised by the "Netflix Original" remake of the classic One Day at a Time. It's certainly not the same show but it is an interesting take based [for the most part] on the original. Shows like this allow for a fresh theme but with an already proven solid basic premise and they also provide opportunities for some bright young talent that might not otherwise be showcased at this level.

Norman Lear is credited as Executive producer of "One Day" and I think it shows in the social messages delivered. Of course, Irwin Allen cannot be here to helm this reboot of Lost in Space but I'll still commit to watching at least a couple of episodes. Let's just pray it fares better than the movie.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to it. The original "Lost in Space" was basically just a sci-fi remake of The Swiss Family Robinson, anyway, so it's definitely open to a revisit and reimagining.

I'm guessing that Judy Robinson was adopted in this version, since the rest of the family is white.

I don't see the gender swap as being a big deal. They went from having a cast with four males and three females in 1965 to a cast with four females and three males in 2018 (not counting the Robot for either version). And Parker Posey should have a blast with Dr. Smith. She can chew scenery with the best of 'em.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
The kid playing Will Robinson, Maxwell Jenkins, and Bill Mumy really need to have lunch together one of these days!

"- So kid, how does it feel to be playing the part I used to play?"

"- How did you get so old?"

*BONK!*

:laugh:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Parker Posey as the Dr. Smith character is a stroke of genius. I'm definitely in on this.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m a fan of the movie too.
Loved th tv show but it doesn’t hold up for me.

Not sure if it’s still there but hbo used to have it on demand but it was a version that has unfinished special fx clearly viewable.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I actually liked the movie from the 1990s better than the original show....Probably I'm the only one.
I really enjoyed the first two-thirds of the movie.
They lost me in the last act due to all the interdimensional/time travel stuff.
I felt that the movie missed a big opportunity to build some true pathos for the older Will Robinson if they had managed to get Bill Mumy to reprise the roll. But I guess he have been busy with Babylon 5 still during production.
Billy%20Mumy%201178%201-9-16.jpg

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
As the date gets closer I get more and more excited. It's always dismayed me that more hasn't been done with this franchise over the years. Maybe this new series will start to turn that around...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I felt that the movie missed a big opportunity to build some true pathos for the older Will Robinson if they had managed to get Bill Mumy to reprise the roll. But I guess he have been busy with Babylon 5 still during production.
I was kind of rooting for them to cast his daughter Liliana as Judy before Taylor Russell was cast:
MumyLiliana_145841219443227_8450606376903770112_n.jpg

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I was kind of rooting for them to cast his daughter Liliana as Judy before Taylor Russell was cast
Didn't they work together on the Twilight Zone sequel "It's Still A Good Life" ? She was young in that and it was 15 years ago. She would have been about 4 or 5 when Lost In Space was being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks