What's new

Lost in Space *Official* Blu-ray Release Thread -- See Post #273 for Complete Details (2 Viewers)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I wish they had been able to dig up that clip from a Walter Cronkite special on the future which had Bill and the Robot in it. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was just a kid but it aired I am sure during the second season of LIS

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Its not time yet for the LIS Blu set but my B-9 Robot from Fabergear USA did arrive (according to my lovely Kyrsten).

B-9_Robot_LIA.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron here.

I am not much into collectibles. In fact, not at all.

However, I would probably opt to have one of these on my desk.

I am going to look into Fabergear. I just hope it's not a model I have to put together.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ronald Epstein said:
Ron here.

I am not much into collectibles. In fact, not at all.

However, I would probably opt to have one of these on my desk.

I am going to look into Fabergear. I just hope it's not a model I have to put together.
Once I get home this weekend, I'll let you know. I don't believe it requires any assembly, just batteries.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Kyrsten Brad said:
Once I get home this weekend, I'll let you know. I don't believe it requires any assembly, just batteries.

OK , it's here.

No assembly required. However you'll have to use care getting it out of its packaging (without destroying the box which you'll want to save).

Pass/Fail : PASS

Highly recommended for LIS fans to go with the coming Blu.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I just got a new B-9 myself. Sure looks like the same one - uses 3 AA batteries (included), lights up, says lot of phrases, arms & torso are poseable, even rolls (manual). However mine is made by Diamond Select Toys. I purchased it at BigBadToyStore.com.

Very cool collectable for a LiS fan, and not too expensive. He's stanidng on a shelf next to the Iron Giant and the Cylon from the original Battlestar Galactica complete series Blu-ray set. Robot row, so to speak.

Now If I could only find a model of the Jupiter 2 I really liked...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ron,

Here's the link to the robot at FabGear where I believe Brad purchased it. It is the same robot I have - made by Diamond Select. There's a short video review there that shows what you're getting. It's rather expensive there, however - $60

http://www.fabgearusa.com/lost-in-space-b9-electronic-robot-action-figure/

I bought mine from Alter Ego Comics (not Big Bad, as I originally said) for about $45. They are apparently sold out, however, as it is gone from their site.

He is available at Amazon, for about $46. That may be your best bet:

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Toys-Lost-Space/dp/B00LWDBRQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434302317&sr=8-1&keywords=b-9+robot

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Craig,

Thank you so much.

I will go for the $45 option, definitely. As long as it's new.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Craig S said:
I just got a new B-9 myself. Sure looks like the same one - uses 3 AA batteries (included), lights up, says lot of phrases, arms & torso are poseable, even rolls (manual). However mine is made by Diamond Select Toys. I purchased it at BigBadToyStore.com.

Very cool collectable for a LiS fan, and not too expensive. He's stanidng on a shelf next to the Iron Giant and the Cylon from the original Battlestar Galactica complete series Blu-ray set. Robot row, so to speak.

Now If I could only find a model of the Jupiter 2 I really liked...
Where did you get the Cylon?

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ethan Riley said:
Oh, I thought it was coming on blu in a restored edition. ..what are we talking about?

I am confused as well. Did we veer way off topic? There's a huge restoration of Lost In Space coming to Blu-ray in September.

Did someone forget to read this thread or am I missing something too?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
I am confused as well. Did we veer way off topic? There's a huge restoration of Lost In Space coming to Blu-ray in September.

Did someone forget to read this thread or am I missing something too?

Someone didn't read the thread. And that's twice this week we've seen similar mistakes by Sky Captain.

In the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea thread (calling for a DVD release), he responded to the 2004 OP saying it wouldn't happen (because the show stunk). Of course, the release DID happen and the thread has now moved on to wondering about a Blu-ray release--98 pages and 1900+ replies later! :biggrin:

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Happy Labor Day, all. Just wanted to update this thread. Just checked my credit card balance and noticed that Fox Connect charged my credit card $69.99 on Friday 9/3/15 (I preordered LIS blu ray set back in April 2015). Sounds like they will be shipping soon. Have a great holiday, everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks