What's new

Lost in Space *Official* Blu-ray Release Thread -- See Post #273 for Complete Details (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Well, looks like my proclamation on page 2 of this thread has been neutralized. At $70, with markdown and discount, LOST IN SPACE on Blu-ray is now an instant buy. That's already cheaper than the $79 that they charged for the DVDs of only Season One!

So, while the series isn't a top priority for me - just a fond memory from days gone by - I've gone the pre-order route with the 30% discount. Good deal! Thanks Scott!

Harry

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
September 15th is the release date:
http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/news/426359-wondercon-lost-in-space-the-complete-series-blu-ray-arrives-september-15

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! With WonderCon launching today in Anaheim, California, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has taken the opportunity to officially announce that “Lost in Space” – The Complete Series will arrive on Blu-ray for the first time ever on September 15! Running from 1965 to 1968, this collection allows fans to bring home Irwin Allen’s intergalactic family saga that earned an enormous following of devoted fans over the years. Set in the space age future of 1997, follow the heart-racing, cliff-hanging adventures of John Robinson and his family aboard the Jupiter 2, along with Robot B-9 and the delightfully devious Dr. Zachary Smith.
Produced with Space Productions, Inc. and Synthesis Entertainment, this massive 18-disc set contains all 83 episodes remastered in high definition, and over seven hours of exciting extras with recently discovered content you won’t find anywhere else in the galaxy.
Highlights include new commentaries on classic episodes with the original cast, 50th Anniversary interviews and hours of archival footage, offering incredible and unprecedented access into Allen’s personal archives. In addition, the Blu-ray includes an exclusive cast performance of Bill Mumy’s unproduced 1980 epilogue script, featuring Mumy, Angela Cartwright, Marta Kristen, Mark Goddard and more!
Newly Created Special Features Include:
- New On-Camera Original Cast Interviews Featuring Bill Mumy, Mark Goddard, Angela Cartwright, Marta Kristen, Guy Williams Jr. and Toni Williams
– Original Cast Audio Commentaries on eight episodes: “No Place to Hide,” “My Friend, Mr. Nobody,” “Attack of the Monster Plants,” “Return From Outer Space,” “The Phantom Family,” “The Anti-Matter Man,” “The Promised Planet” and “The Great Vegetable Rebellion.”
– “Lost in Space: The Epilogue” – Special Cast Reunion Performance of Bill Mumy’s 1980 Unproduced Script with Mum, Mark Goddard, Marta Kristen, Angela Cartwright, Veronica Cartwright, Guy Williams Jr., Toni Williams, Kevin Burns and Robot B-9
Plus, Archive Material:
- “No Place to Hide” – Original Unaired Pilot (Version #1/Long Version)
– “No Place to Hide” – Original Unaired Pilot (Version #2/Short Version)
– Guy Williams Screen Test
– Bob May’s Home Movies
– “Lost in Space” 1965 CBS Advertisers and Affiliates Presentation
– “Seven Wonderful Nights” Lost in Space Excerpt (1965/66 CBS Promo w/ Dick Van Dyke)
– CBS Network Season One Television Spots
– CBS Network Season Two Television Spots
– CBS Network Preemption Bumpers w/ Jonathan Harris and the Robot (Season Two)
– “Lost in Space” Season Two / Main Title (with alternate/unused theme music by Warren Barker)
– “Lost in Space” Special FX Outtakes (1965-68) (w/ “Lost in Space” Rare Music Outtakes)
– Original Dick Strout Fox Promotional Interview with June Lockhart and Guy Williams (1966)
– Original Dick Strout Fox Promotional Interview with Jonathan Harris (1966)
-“Lost in Space” Animated Special (1973)
– Syndication TV Spots (1970s)
– Syndication TV Spots (1983)
– “Studs in Space” Promo #1 (Radio Promo for STUDS) (“Classic TV”) (1992)
– “Studs in Space” Promo #2 (Radio Promo for STUDS) (“I’m Thinking”) (1992)
– Never Before Released 20th Anniversary Interview with Irwin Allen (1985)
– “The Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen” (1996)
– “Lost in Space Memories” (Program Interstitals for “The Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen”) (1996)
– “Lost in Space Forever” (1998)
– “Lost in Space” Animated Series Pitch (2005) (by Scott O’Brien)
– “The Ballad of William Robinson” (Music Video by Bill Mumy)
– Jonathan Harris and Al Lewis on MANCOW (Chicago Radio Show)
- Original CBS Network Versions of Original Episodes “The Reluctant Stowaway,” “The Derelict,” “The Magic Mirror,” “Follow the Leader,” “Blast Off Into Space,” and “Target Earth”
- Photo Galleries including Publicity Stills, Episodic Stills, Behind-the-Scenes Stills, Vintage Merchandise, Props and Artwork

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Original CBS Network Versions of Original Episodes “The Reluctant Stowaway,” “The Derelict,” “The Magic Mirror,” “Follow the Leader,” “Blast Off Into Space,” and “Target Earth”

I assume this means the commercial bumpers ie " Lost In Space is brought to by .... "

– “Lost in Space: The Epilogue” – Special Cast Reunion Performance of Bill Mumy’s 1980 Unproduced Script with Mum, Mark Goddard, Marta Kristen, Angela Cartwright, Veronica Cartwright, Guy Williams Jr., Toni Williams, Kevin Burns and Robot B-9

Are they really doing a reading of the entire script? That is amazing if true.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I just preordered for the amazing price of $69.99. I figure the price will easily go lower at some point, but to get it at this price at release is too good to pass up.

Thanks, Scott, for the discount tip.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
My gosh, this has to be the Blu-ray bargain of the year: Lost in Space on 18 BDs, in OAR (and knowing Fox, a nice DTS-HD MA 1.0 track) and lots of extras, for $99.99 and then $69.99 less the coupon code?!

It's almost unbelievable.

I pre-ordered my set earlier today. Hopefully, the sales of this set only encourage Fox to release 24 and The X-Files on Blu-ray.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
McCrutchy said:
Hopefully, the sales of this set only encourage Fox to release 24 and The X-Files on Blu-ray.
Now that LIS is a series set, I'm going to dream big and hope that The X-Files forgoes releasing individual season sets (which will probably take about 5 years) and goes for a full series set at the beginning. The great price on LIS even gives me hope that an The X-Files series set won't be $700.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If this Lost in Space bluray set sells decently, hopefully other Irwin Allen shows (ie. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants) will also be released on bluray.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Cool. This will be a 50th Anniversary buy for me, together with Dark Shadows and the coming Oscar Best Picture nominee releases for 1966, amongst other titles I have in mind thus far. :) :) :) :) :) In fact, I am going to head on over to Fox Connect and go for the special 30% off deal on top of the $99 special!!!! This will become my first XMAS buy for 2015, given its September release date. Either way, this will be great!!! :)

Thanks, Scott, and everyone else for being so informative!!!! :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
jcroy said:
If this Lost in Space bluray set sells decently, hopefully other Irwin Allen shows (ie. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants) will also be released on bluray.
Land of the Giants would be HUGE! I missed the DVD one.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Apparently the deal to get the set for $69.99 has been withdrawn.

Still a good deal at $99.99 though.

I wonder what it will cost us UK fans

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Reports are coming in from all quarters that FoxConnect is no longer offering the $30 discount on this set.

Hopefully, all of is early adopters will get the lower price.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks