What's new

Lost in Space (Movie) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The wurd on the street is that Fox has LiS on tap for release next year, now that rights are cleared up

EricW

Senior HTF Member
as for the movie, the one part i really liked was the kid holographically controlling the robot. THAT was almost worth-the-whole-movie cool. everything else was pretty bad.
...well, everything else except Heather Graham :)

Brenton

Screenwriter
The blue robot was sweet looking, but I wish they had used Robot #2 from the start. Big blue is just a little bit too "much" away from the original series.

Bob Muir

Grip
According to a radio interview I heard him on, Bill Mumy *wanted* to do the movie. He had read the script and was all set to play the older Will, but when he was told "no, we want you to do a cameo", like June Lockhart, he turned them down flat.
The producers were idiots for throwing away that great opportunity. :angry:

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
There's only one Dr. Smith for me and that's the late, great Jonathan Harris. I grew up on this show in the 60's and I remember the cliff hanger endings brought me back week after week. The black and white shows were my favorites and I loved the Jupiter 2 and all that great hardware that was so typical of Irwin Allen and his other Fox shows.

A few years ago I went out to the Red Rock Canyon location north of LA where the Lydecker brothers shot the second unit crash sequence. The area is still instantly recognizable. I'd also like to visit the Trona pinnacles area where the exterior chariot sequences were filmed.

I subscribed to the Columbia House videotape version but returned many tapes because of wretched sound and video problems. I'm praying the series becomes available on dvd so I can sell or donate the tape version.

The feature version is fun but it doesn't have the heart or the incredible camp (can I stand to watch The Great Vegetable Rebellion again?) that the original series had. Great 5.1 as you'd expect from New Line.

Jeff

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The wurd on the street is that Fox has LiS on tap for release next year, now that rights are cleared up
Unless you heard something different, I heard
this year.

I also agree that no-one can replace Jonathan
Harris as Dr. Smith.

This is my all-time favorite TV show and I patiently
await its release to DVD.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Ron said:
"This is my all-time favorite TV show and I patiently
await its release to DVD."
MINE TOO!!! If I saw the entire show for sale on dvd I'd buy it in a second. I hope Fox includes the original unaired presentation that didn't have Dr. Smith or the robot but did have music tracked from "The Day The Earth Stood Still" by Bernard Herrmann. Speaking of TDTESS, one of the best shows from the first season is the two part episode "The Keeper" with Michael Rennie. His character reminds me a bit of Klaatu.
Commentaries with June Lockhart, Bill Mumy, Angela Cartwright, Marta Kristen, Mark Goddard, Dick Tufeld and Bob May would be incredible! :)
TO BE CONTINUED NEXT WEEK!
SAME TIME, SAME CHANNEL!
Jeff

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

I think Mr. Mumy is blowing smoke out his backside. It's so obvious that the character and scenes were written with the older Mumy in mind. So much so that the scenes of the older Will in the movie fall flat for Mumy not appearing in them. I guess I could be wrong, but I think he wanted too much $$ (seeing as how the climactic scenes kinda' hinge on his being in them).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't think Mumy would try to demand much money as he has very little in the way of star status.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
That appears to be a frame from "Blast Off Into Space", the first color episode. I remember this is when the show started to take a different turn but no matter how absurd, Jonathan always saved the day. Bring on the Viking women, talking carrots and Dr. Smith dancing to disco music on The Promised Planet. Groovy man!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks