What's new

Netflix Lost in Space 3 on Netflix (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Watched the first half of the third season today, which is kind of its own arc dealing with the cliffhangers left at the end of the second season finale. I'm assuming the final four episodes will deal with the larger mythology of the show.

There is a one year time jump a minute or two into the season premiere, which is necessary because Maxwell Jenkins went from being a cute little kid to being a tall, broad-shouldered teenager during the 600-day (COVID-extended) shooting hiatus between seasons.

Russell Hornsby is really solid as Grant Kelly, Judy's long-presumed-dead biological father. "Dr. Smith" aside, this show does a good job of creating adult characters who are allowed to be as complex and as courageous and as flawed as the younger characters.

My one issue with the third season so far is that the Robinson children are separated from their parents for nearly the entire first half of the season. It's a creative choice that allows Judy time to get to know Grant, Penny time to appreciate her family, and Will time to really embark on the beginnings of his hero's journey. But the show's real strength is with the family as a unit, and I missed having that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Finished the series tonight. The last four episodes did a really good job of wrapping up the story, both on the macro level of the war with the robots and also on the micro level with the various personal journeys and relationships. Taken together, these three seasons tell a satisfying story with a beginning, middle and end.

At the same time, the ending leaves the door wide open for future adventures with the Robinsons; one adventure has ended, but there are plenty of adventures still to come.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
Just finished all 8 episodes.

I really enjoyed the season and whole series. Maxwell Jenkins really stands out for me as an excellent actor.

My only disappointment is that this is the end. I just wish we could have more adventures.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I enjoyed this season.

I did have to watch the S2 recap twice beforehand. First to remember where it ended, and second, just to recall who the characters were. I calculated there was a 20 month gap between S1 and S2, then a 23 month gap between S2 and S3. A horrible way to build an audience.

I too wish it were continuing.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Blasted through the third and final season of Lost In Space. It leaves me with good feelings. A show about family, friends, compassion, and a respect for logic and science in these turbulent times, is truly a breath of fresh air. Good ending to the series and - Hey! - they worked in a Rush song too! What more could one ask for from a show?

And way better than the - IMO - horrible Star Trek Discovery and Picard series.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think Lost in Space is one of the most generic, bland, poorly written, poorly acted (except from Toby Stephens and Parker Posey, who are marvellous) TV shows in recent memory, rivalling only the terrible His Dark Materials show.

My opinion from season 1 actually dropped, which I didn't think could happen.

I'm not sure it's possible to write a more milquetoast, by-the-books, zero originality sci-fi as Lost in Space.

The AV club called the show "elementary". I would go one step further and say it's generic.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I think Lost in Space is one of the most generic, bland, poorly written, poorly acted (except from Toby Stephens and Parker Posey, who are marvellous) TV shows in recent memory, rivalling only the terrible His Dark Materials show.

Wow. I loved both of these shows.

In prep for Season 3 last month, I binged the first two seasons (again). This time, along with my wife, who got sucked in. Really enjoyed the whole thing from beginning to end.

It's funny not long after we finished watching this, my wife was watching a one-off show called, I think, Four Dames, which was basically a gab-fest among four notable British actresses: Joan Plowright, Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, and Eileen Atkins. At one point, Maggie said something about her husband, and I wasn't sure who it was, so I looked it up. Robert Stephens. And discovered along with that that Toby Stephens is their son!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I should get started on this final season in a few days. I may also binge the first two seasons beforehand. Good suggestion, @John Sparks

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I was bored with season 3. I really was looking forward to it. But after waiting 2 years, I could hardly remember what was going on and halfway through season 3, I began wishing it would hurry up and end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks