What's new

Lost in Space 2 on Netflix (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The production values on this TV show are impressive, but the writing was kind of hit and miss for me. Still, I'm looking forward to the second season and will watch! Thanks for the trailer.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not watching. The first season started intriguing. And there were good aspects to the end. But it became more tedious than fun as it went along for me, with the writing and emotional beats aimed at a more “family” audience. Too much other content right now, and LIS doesn’t make my cut.

Hope S2 is good for those watching There were interesting new story and world(s) promised at the S1 finale.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Agree that the first season was mixed (I thought the stuff involving Dr. Smith was mostly ridiculous), but I did enjoy it overall. I'll give the second season a shot.

(What's with this trend of labeling subsequent seasons of shows like they're movie sequels? Stranger Things 2 & 3, & now Lost in Space 2.)

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I've written all I need to write about this show (Alan and I greatly differed in opinion--see the first season thread). My view of the show actually declined as the season wore on. I started off thinking it was simply "fine," but ended up thinking it was bland, boring, and predictable. I won't be watching season two.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
(What's with this trend of labeling subsequent seasons of shows like they're movie sequels? Stranger Things 2 & 3, & now Lost in Space 2.)

These new streaming shows are arguably 10 hour movies more than short TV series. So the sequel-esque naming fits.

Or, if it makes you feel better, they're being efficient and saving us the trouble of typing the implicit and unnecessary word "Season" :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It could very well be what Dave said. The word “season” comes with an expectation for a certain episode count, a certain method of delivery and frequency of release.

A production of Lost In Space, where all episodes are made at the same time and released at once, where it can take years rather than weeks or months to return from hiatus, is arguably something different than a “season” as that word has been used in television.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Awesome trailer. I cannot wait to watch this on my big screen. The visuals were amazing. This show must have a monstrous budget.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Looks like at least a hundred million dollars of TV there....++ I hope the writing is a bit better this time!

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
My family and I have already watched the first 5 episodes. We did a marathon yesterday to help keep the kids calm before Christmas. I’m really enjoying this season so far. The actor playing Will has grown up a lot in “7 months”. Hopefully they will not wait 20 months between season 2 and 3.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After the Christmas morning festivities, we watched the full season over the course of the day.

I loved the first season, and I loved this season too. The Robinsons were all so well cast, and the relationships between each of them individually and the family as a unit is so well rendered.

I continue to appreciate how many of the problems they encounter are environmental rather than supervillain-y, and they are often solved by applying principles you'd learn in high school science classes to space age problems.

"Dr. Smith" is still the most frustrating character on the show for me, but they used her better here than they in the first season -- where she purely existed to be awful and create problems. It appears that:
she died, which I think is the right call. They've basically done everything they could with the character. Although, we didn't see a body, so I suppose it's possible she found a way to slither out -- though I don't see how it could have plausibly happened.

I liked that they spent some time on Judy Robinson's backstory this season, which was only explained with a couple throwaway lines in the first season. If the first season was driven by John and Maureen repairing their marriage, the three central relationships this time around are between John and Judy, Maureen and Penny, and the Robot and Will.

The actor playing Will has grown up a lot in “7 months”. Hopefully they will not wait 20 months between season 2 and 3.
I'm glad they at least had a time jump, similar to how "Stranger Things" jumps a year (give or take a few months) between each season.

It always bugged me when shows that have growing children in the cast pick up immediately or shortly thereafter where the previous season left off, even though the kids look way older.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes The character of Dr smith is so worthless to the plot the original at least had an entertaining performance from Harris to balance out the frustrating character. It does seem the show is one long family problem solving test.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Season Two has been terrific so far. Once you recognize this is a family show skewed toward a slightly younger audience, the coincidences the show relies upon become forgivable. It’s still a smart show with positive messaging. The adventurousness of the storylines makes it compelling viewing and it’s high on my list of shows to watch with my son when he’s a little bit older. It doesn’t hurt that the visual effects are absolutely top notch, too :)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
the visuals, yep right up there with another space saga currently in theaters, the family is still perfectly cast, and let me just say this comparing to the original, Jonathan Harris did what he did, a nuance and comedy or humor to a for lack of a better phrase cheesy campy program, and while i have it and it is still entertaining, i can honestly say that i prefer this revisionist update. And a lot of that is hinged on the performance of Parker Posey's portrayal as Smith, such an unlikable character on every level, cant use the word villain, because it doesn't fit, she is not a villain, what would be best to describe her would be the worthless scum of human existence. She did such a great job of that in this role that i personally never want to see her face ever again.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Just finished a marathon with season 2. I agree its a bit predictable, but it has some forward momentum.
She definitely lives - it goes with the overall nature of the show. Also, the robot found that blue ball and her scarf inside that case....

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just finished a marathon with season 2. I agree its a bit predictable, but it has some forward momentum.
She definitely lives - it goes with the overall nature of the show. Also, the robot found that blue ball and her scarf inside that case....
I agree with you about doctor Smith. But I have a question about her behavior.
Is she genuinely turning over a new leaf?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks