What's new

Lost..How do you think it will end? (possible spoilers) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So with only 30 or so episodes left. How do you think the story will end? And/or what do you think is the story behind everything? We can check this thread after the show ends and see who was right...

I still have no idea about the whole thing with the Others. They are a mystery to me. Dharma I can understand. They were a research group.

With regards to the Oceanic survivors. I believe in the end they will live on the island permanently...Possibly living in the Other's houses.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've watched every ep multiple times and i still have no idea.
Probably they all are back on the island.

the only thing that i can't figure is why does the island
seem to want these 6 people back.

Almost as if the island has an infatuation with these people.

wasn't the island functioning without them before they crashed onto it.

Or maybe these people all have been there before and the island
crashed the plane to get them there again.

in other words this current attempt to get them back may not have been
the first time.

great idea for a topic I think.
anything goes here .

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
They all end up on the island. They decide to start walking off along the beach in one direction and they come across the ruins of the Statue of Liberty!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

surely you can come up with something better then that.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They discover they -did- die in the plane crash, this is all set in purgatory of their own making, and their ability to decipher what's around them determines if they move to the side of heaven or hell..

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think that the "Others" are the descendents of some of the crash survivors. I have no evidence, but just a gut feel.

The whole time shifting thing make almost anything possible.

Didn't the producers say early on that the answers would not involve something that is not theoretically possible? Did they change thier mind?

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Since time travel is theoretically possible (is it?) then everything is up in the air. I like the descendants proposal. My thought now is that the "ghost" in the cabin in the woods is likely Locke. Or now it is a frightening "All You Zombies" scenario ala Heinlein (good story...look it up).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
now i have to wonder about this bomb.

would be surprising to me if it didn't explode at some point.

plus it must be the reason for all the concrete under ground.

also the radiation must be the cause of some of the anomalies on the island.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The producers and writers have stated multiple times that they want to avoid the kind of "they're really dead!" or "they're in purgatory!" cliches that riddle many science-fiction stories. Time may prove that they "gave in", but I really hope they don't.

After seeing the most recent plot developments, I would actually be surprised if The Others weren't in fact descended from some of the original Oceanic 815 survivors, unstuck in time. I think the show will end much like it began, with the survivors on the Island again, but this time they aren't Lost (they know exactly who and where they are).

The problem with time travel stories is it's far too easy to wrap up plots neatly. I like that (with a few interesting exceptions) the characters on the show are not really allowed to change the events in the Island's history. That's the mistake that "Heroes" made, and apparently is still paying back. If you let history get "re-written", you are basically running the risk of undermining all that came before, and piling garbage on your own construction. The writers seem to understand this trap, and are doing their best to avoid it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They discover Jacob (or Richard Alpert) is in fact Rimbaldi who's now suffering from his genious and eternal life span and invented the Island to escape.. but he too has been trapped in the time rift, and sent signals, manuscripts, and books back through time as he skipped around in hopes of finding the right people who using those clues and devices could unstick the Island and free everyone.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

I guess that's a reference to another show?

anyway i have to think that this bomb is more important to what's
going on on the island then just about anything we've seen so far.

how do you introduce us to a bomb like this without expecting it to blow.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Alias. Which really limped at the end, but there were all these illusions to someone who had prophetic knowledge of the future in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks