Lost Highway DVD-when?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ike, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Well,

In anticipation of Mulholland Drive, I went out and rented a couple Lynch films-Wild at Heart and Lost Highway. Watching both, I didn't expect much, because my favorite critic (Ebert) panned these films. How surprised I was to find that I loved both!

But the pan-and-scan job in Lost Highway was so terrible, I kept being distracted. I need a widescreen copy, and I don't want to buy the tape. Doing a search, I read about a planned SE USA was going to release back in Feb. Does anybody know what's going on with this? Could we see this-or Wild At Heart-anytime soon?

2. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Lost Highway supposedly was to be released this fall I think. USA Home Video was recently bought by (I think) Universal . They stated that all schedules are proceeding as normal. But who knows. This is my most anticipated DVD.
    Wild at Heart - I haven't heard one iota about this title. If Lost Highway ever does make it to DVD, WAH would be the last Lynch title not available.
    Lets GO people. There are DVDs of Pauly Shore movies for chrissakes!

3. Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra Stunt Coordinator

I thought MGM said they were going to be working on a Wild At Heart disc for release this year.

I really hope that both of these get out this year... my Lynch collection will be complete someday!